Got my wheelies powdercoated

Venom Power said:
:eek: DAAAAAMN.. Quaker Olive looks awesome. That's definately different. I would leave the centercaps polished. But then again polished centercaps would look better with polished lug nuts.

I agree. That's my thought on it, if I had polished lugs then the polished center cap would look ok. does anyone have any pics of the metal center caps with the gen3 viper logo on them?

That does look good! What about going with black lugs and black center caps to match your black truck. I think that might look pretty f-ing sweet!

HDVIPER said:
That does look good! What about going with black lugs and black center caps to match your black truck. I think that might look pretty f-ing sweet!

That's a good idea mang! Good thing the powdercoater didn't charge me extra to do the lugs... I'd have to install the wheels and then paint the lugs while they're on the truck. that'd be a bitch to tape up...

Or, I could get some 1/16” thick metal discs cut to the exact diameter of that hole, have them powdercoated to match, and then get vinyl 3rd gen viper head logos made out of black vinyl and stick them on. That would look pretty sweet!

leave the nuts like they are and put some gloss black on the center cap:rock:

I'm really hesitant to put the wheels back on before I can find out what the torque specs are for all the bolts, and for the lug nuts...

anyone? pleeze? :)

i check my lugs everyother week and put them at 106 with the torque wrench.

Paint finished!

Before:
dsc02487tw1.jpg

After:
dsc02484hz3.jpg

oh you mean the rims, procoat on crenshaw near the veterans expressway exit 6a

I priced them out... 100 bucks seems steep for four little metal circles... I know I'm a cheep-o but I'm going to hold off for a bit.

Their definately not 4 lil silver thingies bro it's a solid piece, very nice quality mang!!

they make model paint in about 100000000 colors. i'm sure you can find something that matches perfectly!

nice wheels!

The lighting wasn't very flattering for the truck, it's dirty right now, and I don't have the center caps figured out yet, but it still looks sweet!

truck1sm9.jpg

truck2bx6.jpg

truck3dq5.jpg

hrm... I haven't "bedded in" my brakes yet, I haven't had a chance, but I had to drive it today and they're squealing a bit choppily, I've clearly done something wrong. They sound like when I gently hit the pedal there's a rotor that isn't perfectly level and it's catching half of it and squealing on that half. squealing goes away when I apply (significant) pressure to the brakes. will bedding in fix this or did I dick something up and I need to tear it apart and fix it?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back