GOT TO RUN A STAGE 3 ROUSH TRUCK

1badnightrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was driving down hwy "92" yesterday and radio was blasting,truck was feeling good, maybe because it was 30deg. outside but still the same,
passes my brother going the other way. he tells me theres a roush truck
behinde me... seen a million of them on the lots around here, never on the road! drives about 2-3 more miles and turn left on"120" a 4 lane road:rock:
when i tured so did he....as soon as we turned left he flew up beside me and slowed down, i can't lie this was 1 badass truck, nice paint,wheels every thing.....they put a lot of thought in this truck!!
anyways he pulls up beside me ans ask me would i run him, said that he's been dieing to race a viper truck but he's never seen 1 on the roads around here... theres a lot of lightings and mustangs around here but theres maybe 6-7 viper trucks around here that i know of sure he would have run across 1 of by now( but guess we don't drive as much as we should:dontknow: )
anyways he gets real cocky and tells that ge's ready just whenever i want to hit just go ,, soooo i went and just keeked on going. so slowed down and i ask him did he even hit it( i'm talking it was that bad) so now i'm cocky..
then he tells me 1 more time so we speed up to about 55-60mph
and we get it at the same time, i went out a few trucks and just let off.
for all the parts these trucks have i thought they would run maybe close to a 4 door srt ram WELL THEY DON'T.. not putting these trucks down because
there are 1 of the baddest looking trucks i've seen on the roads latly!!!

WHAT WAS IT THAT FORD USE TO SAY WHEN THE SRT-RAMS CAME OUT
$50K OR MORE ON THE STICKER AND YOU STILL HAVE TO SPEND ANOTHER
$8-$10K JUST RUN IN MID TO LOW 12'S
LOOKS LIKE FORD NEEDS TO PULL THERE FOOT OUT OF THERE MOUTH
THEY NEED TO SPEND THAT OF MORE TO RUN IN THE 13'S
I'LL TAKE MY "SRT" THANK YOU

If it was brand new, Ford puts a governor on them for the first 500 miles that cuts the power in half. Ford does the same on the Shelby mustangs. Not sayin that was the case but it is possible. I test drove a Shelby and couldn't believe how weak it was. That's when I found out about the governor.

Our trucks are heavy, but the new fords make ours look like Twiggy in comparison.

Boy did I show my age with that comment.

Bill.

Last edited:
Begood said:
Our trucks are heavy, but the new fords make ours look like Twiggy in comparison.

Boy did I show my age with that comment.

Bill.

Twiggy?:dontknow: :dontknow: :confused: :D :eek:

I STILL TRYING TO GET ONE OUT HERE IN CALI, OR MAYBE ITS THAT THEY SEE THE VIPER COMMING AND HIDE CUZ WEVE PUT THEM TO SHAME TOO MANY TIMES. HA....

Good kill!!
I tried to get one to race the last time I was in Dayton, Oh. the puss
would'nt do it. I guess he already knew.

FATJACK said:
Good kill!!
I tried to get one to race the last time I was in Dayton, Oh. the puss
would'nt do it. I guess he already knew.

Thats prolly what the dude who was driving that Shelby said about us
on the way to Evansville:D :) :p

Another pissed off ford owner(L.O.L.):D :D :D :D :D :D
Great kill-We'll just keep putting them in there place...:rock: :rock:

1qksrt said:
Another pissed off ford owner(L.O.L.):D :D :D :D :D :D
Great kill-We'll just keep putting them in there place...:rock: :rock:
Just kills me to think I grew up with a steady diet of Fords!:(

The latest generation ford truck is at least 500 pounds heavier than the '00 and '01 lightnings. They are now seeing the difference in what 500 to 600 pounds makes! I don't think the Rousch has a " governor".

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back