Got waxed by an EVO

10banger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someplace warm....I'm talking about a little place
Well fellas - I'm sorry to disappoint but I just got smoked by a damn Lancer EVO. :argh: :mad: Damn, I had no clue those bastards were that fast.

We did a 40-140 pull and from 40-80 he pulled 3 cars and we hung all the way from there. The guy actually lives down the street from me and he's always driving by so I stopped him and asked him if we wanted to run that thing. And he replied - let's go to 840.....:D

I was actually quite proud that the truck hung that tough. He said he was running 38 lbs of boost with about 8k in the motor.... so I really didn't feel too bad but damn he pulled so hard when the boost spooled. Not too bad for a truck with 0 mods....:slug:

I guess it's time now for the Roe or Paxton.:dontknow: :dontknow:

Any local guys around want to come by and show the rice rocket what's up?

What's sad is he has a 240sx putting down somewhere close to 900hp. That son of a bitch was nice! It's his weekend driver and it only runs on race fuel. You could tell when he started it up.

It's a sad story to be sharing with you guys but o' well... when you get beat, you get beat..... This makes the 1st time I've actually been beat in the truck.

Dont be ashamed. Even with a Paxton or Roe, you'd have a tough time beating a built EVO. Throw some spray on top of that FI and it would be a good race. EVO's are pretty nasty.

Your truck is stock and he has 38LBs boost and he only pulled 3 lengths and couldnt pull away????..:confused: ..if I were him I would burn it after a big cinder block basically hung with him..LOL>...

i have raced an evo here locally in wifes old qc think he was pushin 30#s and it was alot more then 3 lengths and he never stopped pulling away!!!!!!!!

Ya I have 4 friend with Evos. All of them modded nicely. The lowest HP put out by any of them is 425whp on pump gas and he used to pull me like 4 cars 20-120 with no problem. If he was runnin race fuel and 38lbs of boost. He's gonna pull you EVEN with a Roe or Paxton....

hmm, 38 psi on an evo is like 600+ whp. he is probably running 20 psi. sounds like his car is running mid 12's if he's 3 car lengths on you.

................I'm just waiting for Tim to come in here and explain how street racing is.. now what's that word I'm looking for?? Oh yeah, DANGEROUS! But still at least the EVO didn't completely dust you. I say :top:good run dude.

What's sad is he coulda whipped out the 240 and ate my lunch! I guess I should've googled these bastards before I even thought about racing this dude. I just assumed Mopar > EVO.... lol, at the end of the day, he drives a car that is made by a TV company though...

AWDisuzu said:
hmm, 38 psi on an evo is like 600+ whp. he is probably running 20 psi. sounds like his car is running mid 12's if he's 3 car lengths on you.
These things run low 12's with 0 mods, so hell idk???:dontknow: :dontknow:

Maybe it was just running like shit, or he let off of it! Either way, this dude had some serious money in both of his rice rocket's.

FSTJACK, you wanna bring your ride down to TN and show him how us VTCOA boys do it??:dontknow: :dontknow:

Don't be bummed out dude EVO's are fast...shit you still hung in there in a brick for a vehicle!

10banger said:
These things run low 12's with 0 mods, so hell idk???:dontknow: :dontknow:

Maybe it was just running like shit, or he let off of it! Either way, this dude had some serious money in both of his rice rocket's.

FSTJACK, you wanna bring your ride down to TN and show him how us VTCOA boys do it??:dontknow: :dontknow:

Ya they can get into the mid to high 12's with no mods except of course exhaust and a boost controller. But from the factory my stock 10 busted my buddy's evo with no problem. From the factory theyre no that fast, but with little mods theyre hell on wheels. That and theyre AWD so no wheel spin....... I would definitely drive one......

haha ..i love evos , have one myself - mods in sig .

evos with bigger turbos (Gt35R or Gt37R ) are FAAST , much faster than my QC :burnout:

i love those little cars .:D

12's with an even is childplay. srt rams are HARD to get into the 11's and 11 sec evos are a dime a dozen.

Evo's are just better for racing than a tank. Dont take offense, you cant win them all.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back