Got waxed by an EVO

i'll be putting a set of 4:56 gears in my 04' soon (04' came with 4:10s')

...probably would have helped in your case!

SANCHOBA said:
i'll be putting a set of 4:56 gears in my 04' soon (04' came with 4:10s')

...probably would have helped in your case!
Since I'm not very good with gear ratio's - what's the upside with 4:10's vs 4:56?

Do the 4:56's help out on top end and 4:10's are good on low end or what?? :dontknow: :dontknow:

10banger said:
Since I'm not very good with gear ratio's - what's the upside with 4:10's vs 4:56?

Do the 4:56's help out on top end and 4:10's are good on low end or what?? :dontknow: :dontknow:

Truck will be peppier and feel lighter with the 4.56 gears...top speed difference will be little or none since the trucks dont have the trans gears to over come the wall of air...

TNVIPER said:
Truck will be peppier and feel lighter with the 4.56 gears...top speed difference will be little or none since the trucks dont have the trans gears to over come the wall of air...
Wanna come to Middle TN and give this dude a challenge??:dontknow: :dontknow: I'll pay for the gas!:burnout: :burnout: :rock: :rock: :D :D

10banger said:
Wanna come to Middle TN and give this dude a challenge??:dontknow: :dontknow: I'll pay for the gas!:burnout: :burnout: :rock: :rock: :D :D

LOL..based on how well you hung with him I think I could put a frown on his face..:D

Venom Power said:
................I'm just waiting for Tim to come in here and explain how street racing is.. now what's that word I'm looking for?? Oh yeah, DANGEROUS! But still at least the EVO didn't completely dust you. I say :top:good run dude.
Anthony, my career as an LEO is over............

So's my career as such on the VTCOA.........

Nobody wants to be told something that tthey already know...........

And nobody bloody cares, anyway..............:dontknow:

In response to the thread, I can only say how much I appreciate someone coming on here telling the truth about the comparative performance of of his truck.... These truck are great. I loved mine to death. But, they aren't gonna beat the crap out've some of the baddass stuff that's out there....

Bro, your honesty is refreshing..... Diogenes can finally rest in peace.

D

Last edited:
Street Racin is bad............ mmmmkay ;) Although I am a proffesional hypocryte.

Anyways, mod, mod, mod...he did.

Race a stock Evo and feel better :rock:

I have smoked heavily modded Evo's on road courses..but the key was, I wasnt stock.

Take pride in the fact you drive a beast and it isnt the fastest car on the street...there is always someone faster....Weclome to Physics 101...let me know when you are ready for 403 and I'll let you cheat off my paper.

:D

My buddy has an evo 10. Nasty nasty nasty little bastard that car is. These trucks don't stand a chance against them unless heavily modified!
I drove his evo and from 70-130 that Lil biatch just pulls hard and keeps pulling. He added a meth kit, tuned and pushing boost. Not my kind of car but I would buy just because of how they handle and the speed..

I had an evo boosting 20lbs wanting to race on the Highway the other day from 3rd gear 80mph roll on and then from 2nd @40mph and first couple of trys from 80mph he stayed by my door until I got to top of 3rd and got into 4th then I started pulling about a car and a half. we race multiple times...then he told me his clutch was slipping that maybe from 40mph he would have a better chance and so we did and I pulled from the start all the way I let off around 145mph and he was in my rearview mirror about 2..3 car lengths behind considering that I mainly have bolt-ons and @ the time happen to be I was running & had the 109 race fuel tune and had 109 in my gas tank. :))))
I think my truck has some good HP numbers and strong motor, havn't dynoed yet tho......

Tito#14SRT said:
I had an evo boosting 20lbs wanting to race on the Highway the other day from 3rd gear 80mph roll on and then from 2nd @40mph and first couple of trys from 80mph he stayed by my door until I got to top of 3rd and got into 4th then I started pulling about a car and a half. we race multiple times...then he told me his clutch was slipping that maybe from 40mph he would have a better chance and so we did and I pulled from the start all the way I let off around 145mph and he was in my rearview mirror about 2..3 car lengths behind considering that I mainly have bolt-ons and @ the time happen to be I was running & had the 109 race fuel tune and had 109 in my gas tank. :))))
I think my truck has some good HP numbers and strong motor, havn't dynoed yet tho......
Mine's stock as a rock..... maybe some mod's would increase my chances, but this dude was very fast!

a stock EVO runs high 13's low 14's stock. but they can run 12's with a chip.

A cobalt SS was the final straw crushing the old camel back. We ran pretty hard right into some light traffic. I couldnt get through with my QC like he did his car. He got me. So, Paxton it was. Gutta be able to get'em before the twisties:ridinghorse:

McLuvin said:
A cobalt SS was the final straw crushing the old camel back. We ran pretty hard right into some light traffic. I couldnt get through with my QC like he did his car. He got me. So, Paxton it was. Gutta be able to get'em before the twisties:ridinghorse:

wait wait wait, let me get this stright, you were beat by a chevy cobalt SS ? in the SRT 10 ?

i can see a worked EVO pumping 20+ pounds of Boost but a Cobalt ......:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back