Gotta be a FIRST

shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scott (VENOMOUS1) did a little tweaking on my truck last week and found a wire tied into the PCM harness. Seems it was wired connecting to the aftermarket alarm and remote start. He disconnected it from the PCM wiring to silent the alarm when reconnecting the battery. I told him I never use the remote start so just leave disconnected.

All is well unless I park in my rear entry driveway. Kill the engine, remove the key and the engine will start on it’s own 2-3 times. I reinsert the key, turn it on, turn it off and after a couple of times it will stop starting remotely. Park in the front of the house, no problems. Made maybe 10 engine kills during the day at different locations around town and no problem. Park in the rear of the house again and all over again it start on it’s one 2-3 times.

I’m guessing there is something in our alley with the same frequency as my remote start. Can’t be someone’s garage door opener as it has done it 4 different times at all hours of the day. Plus I see no one in the alley. Never did it till the one wire was disconnected from the PCM. :dontknow:

I know it is Halloween but this is really weird. :D

Good to hear from you, Shorty! I was just wondering about you yesterday.

Sorry to hear that your truck is possessed. :D

Good to hear from you, Shorty! I was just wondering about you yesterday.

Sorry to hear that your truck is possessed. :D

Been a little busy bro. Bride came down with breast cancer last month after 15 years in remission. Very small and does not look like it has spread so lumpectomy and radiation in November and hopefully that is all. Kinda makes one refocus on priorities. As always, God is in control so all will be well. Just a little worrisome at our age.

Been a little busy bro. Bride came down with breast cancer last month after 15 years in remission. Very small and does not look like it has spread so lumpectomy and radiation in November and hopefully that is all. Kinda makes one refocus on priorities. As always, God is in control so all will be well. Just a little worrisome at our age.

I'll be praying for her.

My sister is in surgery at this very moment for the same thing. God Bless to you and your wife!!!

There has to be a receiver somewhere on the truck that needs to be unplugged. If you trace the wire that was tied to the PCM you will find it.

And Prayers for your sister also Stealth78...

Thank you very much. Literally just got off of the phone with my brother-in-law... she is in the recovery room now, a bit nauseous but otherwise surgery went well as far as I have been informed. Now we wait two weeks to find out if she needs another surgery or goes straight into radiation treatments. Sorry for the thread hi-jack Shorty

Thank you very much. Literally just got off of the phone with my brother-in-law... she is in the recovery room now, a bit nauseous but otherwise surgery went well as far as I have been informed. Now we wait two weeks to find out if she needs another surgery or goes straight into radiation treatments. Sorry for the thread hi-jack Shorty

We'll all be praying for all those involved. Cancer sucks!

Not to worry my friend, we are all in this together. Remember, it always happens to the other guy. Prayers are with your sister and the whole family.

Or Scott is messing with you. :D and sorry to hear about your wife. Best wishes sir.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back