Greenbrier Dodge Sucks!!

FlyingLow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck was in for service earlier this week. I paid the bill in full a few days ago and went to pick it up today. Because it was after the service departments hours, they did not want to release the vehicle. Even when presented with the receipt they still did not want to give it to me. The GM even tried to pulled the "I served in the navy for 20 years as a Chief" He was quickly shut down when I told him I have served almost 21 years and I'm still on active duty. Plus I was enlisted for the first 9 years of my career. What horrible customer service.

Well that's pretty stupid of them, hell, even I can operate a garage door

You gotta know VA sucks all around man...

ETC(SS) Nichols

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It was there, parked in the back. They had the exits blocked with new cars. The dealership was open, just the service dept was closed. Their issue was that they had no way to verify I paid for the service. Then I dropped the receipt on them and that seemed to piss them off.

So because you failed to show up during normal operating hours you and the GM got into a pissing contest over your military careers? Sounds like a lose/lose all the way around.

I've been able to pick mine up after hours. They gave the keys to the Sales Mgr. Why couldn't they do that for you? That was Chevy though, but Dodge shouldn't be that different.

New dealership, please.

Our local dealer busted a nut when I took my 10 in for my inspection the other day. I've had four calls asking how my service was, too...lol.

If you didn't verify with the service dept that it was ok to p/u after hours I wouldn't give you your truck either. They are just following procedure. You should be able to understand that Mr. Military man.

Unless you had made a agreement with someone to pick it up after hours, then they did nothing wrong.

What's with people throwing all the military bullshit around? Wtf difference does it make, I could give a shit if you worked 80 years for them.

That part of the state is very heavily influenced by the military. The largest Navy base in the world.

Some military members are purposefully trained to believe their stuff doesn't stink. I'm not saying that's how the OP feels, just that it is common with all A type personalities.

Yes, unfortunately, some of the "rank has its privileges" mentality starts to carry over to Civvie life. Just as its foreign to us when we move to Civvie life how disrespectful, selfish, crude, hypocritical, arrogant, etc... The general population is, I'm sure you can understand that time served actually means something to some people.

So while we don't understand non-military that well, obviously non-military members don't understand us all that well either. It doesn't make either of the two right or wrong, it just is what it is...

My Sales department doesn't have access to my Service Customers' vehicles. Unless it was prearranged, they did nothing wrong.

should have brought the title and just drove away, what are they going to do? call the cops on you and say you stole your own truck? LOL

1. The GM brought up the military deal. I told one of the salesman that I was not going to buy my next car there and my wife said she was going to give a bad review. The GM then brought his career and how he doesn't respond well to threats and I shouldn't buy my next car there.

2. I did arrange to pick the car up after hours. That is why I already had the keys and the receipt. I actually went there the day before. Paid the bill, picked up the keys and even got stuff out of my truck. There was nothing to release that night. I have done this 5 times in the past at this dealership. Usually I go up after the dealership is closed and pick my truck up. Just depends on my work schedule and when I can get my wife up there to drop me off. This time however they moved a few of their cars that were for sale and blocked the exits. I only needed them to move the one of their cars, not actually release the vehicle.

3. If I arrived a few hours earlier, I could have driven my truck off the lot and no one would have known. Those exits are not normally blocked. I needed it for a trip I was going on the next morning.

With the new details provided by the OP, that GM is a fucktard.

With the new details provided by the OP, that GM is a fucktard.

Ya with more detail it sounds like a shitty situation. At the very least the GM could have called the service manager and asked if it was ok for the customer to take his ride. Service is closed sun. and mon. at my shop and the sales dept. calls me all the time asking if a customer can p/u or d/off. one phone call could have avoided all this.

Ya with more detail it sounds like a shitty situation. At the very least the GM could have called the service manager and asked if it was ok for the customer to take his ride. Service is closed sun. and mon. at my shop and the sales dept. calls me all the time asking if a customer can p/u or d/off. one phone call could have avoided all this.

I completely agree, that's the way we would have approached the situation and had a happy customer at the end and one less vehicle on the lot taking up space.

1. The GM brought up the military deal. I told one of the salesman that I was not going to buy my next car there and my wife said she was going to give a bad review. The GM then brought his career and how he doesn't respond well to threats and I shouldn't buy my next car there.

That's how I read the original post...

-big

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back