Greetings from CO

5280SRT10

Reaction score
Hello folks and what a great site! I've been lurking for a couple weeks and decided to register and join. I've recently taken ownership of an 05 QC SRT-10 in black. So much I want to do but not sure I can afford to cater to my desires. For now it's stock, but I look forward to receiving suggestions and expert advice on a few modifications (cat-back exhaust and a good tune). But hello for now, I look forward to participating!

howdy & welcome to the RBC from Texas :rock::burnout:

Semper fi. Wilkommen auch Spanisch,

Welcome to VTCOA. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks who will steer you in the Right direction.

Thanks for the nice welcome folks! There's no doubt these trucks are the best looking trucks on the road but I'm a little disappointed in the performance. Yes it's heavy, but for 500 advertised horsepower it doesn't feel that much faster than my 06 qc with a hemi. I don't have very deep pockets. I'm thinking an SCT tuner with a good cat back to start. What ya'll think?

Welcome from the Western Slope. There are a ton of great members on the Front Range.

Thanks for the nice welcome folks! There's no doubt these trucks are the best looking trucks on the road but I'm a little disappointed in the performance. Yes it's heavy, but for 500 advertised horsepower it doesn't feel that much faster than my 06 qc with a hemi. I don't have very deep pockets. I'm thinking an SCT tuner with a good cat back to start. What ya'll think?

what did the hemi have in 06, 345-360 hp?? you should be able to feel 150 hp pretty easy, plus your hemi MIGHT have had 3.72 rear at best so this truck has more HP and better gears sooooooooo, maybe YOU weigh more now……… :dontknow:

The torque management is killing you (as well as elevation, lol). Get a tuner first. You won't regret it.

what did the hemi have in 06, 345-360 hp?? you should be able to feel 150 hp pretty easy, plus your hemi MIGHT have had 3.72 rear at best so this truck has more HP and better gears sooooooooo, maybe YOU weigh more now……… :dontknow:

Well I'll confess the hemi has some mods (cam, heads, headers, diablo tune, and a stall converter) with 3.92's and smaller tires (33" down to 31") It gets out of it's own way good enough. And no doubt once the V-10 "gets going" It'll all be over. But I was expecting a lot of "traction problems" with the viper motor and it's really not at all like that. Not that I want to be spending a lot of money on tires. But it'd be nice to have that capability!:D

Well I'll confess the hemi has some mods (cam, heads, headers, diablo tune, and a stall converter) with 3.92's and smaller tires (33" down to 31") It gets out of it's own way good enough. And no doubt once the V-10 "gets going" It'll all be over. But I was expecting a lot of "traction problems" with the viper motor and it's really not at all like that. Not that I want to be spending a lot of money on tires. But it'd be nice to have that capability!:D

like caveman said, the computer torque management is whats hurting you in that regard, tuner will take that out and then you'll be closer to what a RC experiences, wheel spin in 1st 2nd and 3rd, from a stock motor

like caveman said, the computer torque management is whats hurting you in that regard, tuner will take that out and then you'll be closer to what a RC experiences, wheel spin in 1st 2nd and 3rd, from a stock motor

Sounds like I need to budget for cal-tracs too!

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back