Group Buy - FYI

Wait.... I'm confused? So does Joe's really have brake pads on sale? Do we get a better deal if we all go in together? What about a "promo code" I keep hearing people talk about that? WHY IS THIS SO HARD!?!? :D

What you said makes sense, J. And I don't see any faults in the way it is now, as per your description.

What the problem is with the way I described it? People trying to get paid and rightfully so.

:deadhorse:

Thank you Rick!

What the problem is with the way I described it? People trying to get paid and rightfully so.

Jeff explained that we can discuss any vendor we want to, as well as pricing, and where we can get parts. We simply can not try to arrange a special group price with non-paying vendors.

You tried to explain why a vendor should be able to strong-arm valid discussion from the forum. :D

These are two very different things.

Your missing the point....

If I find brake pads at joes automotive for a great price....

I post it up and everyone on the planet and including this forum can buy from joes automotive!!! (joe can't post about his shop however)

If I put together a "group buy" for joes automotive to get those pads a little cheaper is where the line is crossed.

If joes automotive wants to do a group buy, he can become a vendor

(an example of this is x2builders, Cleaveland Pick-A-Part, Viperparts, Partsrack and the list goes on forever) We have free rain to talk about anything we may find that will help.)

this is so easy even a caveman can understand.... I hope

You act like this forum was built by its current owners, it's not it was built by it's members, past and present. Every post, page view, or cookie is money in the bank for a forum like this. So to prevent your members from getting getting a great deal on joe's brakes over a few bucks for the forum owners is like I said BULLSHIT! To leave no door open other than your going to be banned and reposting the same rules over and over shows exactly what the "VTCOA STAFF" really cares about.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f8/group-buy-raptor-shift-lights-14926/
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/raptor-shift-light-group-buy-6322/

One of my first posts, and the very first mod bought for my truck. The forum owner went out of his way to make sure his members got the best deal they could.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f14/new-b-m-shifter-1865/

Contact info when we couldnt get a group buy set up...

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f8/group-buy-chromemolly-lower-control-arms-10850/

Cool product he just want to get us a deal on...

It's sad that now that ownership has to see what they can get from everyone, it wasnt always like this. Now if you have a cool idea that you can get us a deal on your screwed...
Thanks,
Zach

Last edited:
The problem is the admin does not realize that a forum can get up and leave and they have , that is how this site is created.

They think that ppl joined and they can f*&K with them all they want and nothing will happen

They only care about money at this point and not the member, they could care less what the forum was created for or the origin of the forum.. They dont care if they piss off all the good members " they still have vendors" guess what after all the good members leave so will the vendors..

But they dont understand.. Maybe if they wake up and smell the roses and understand how a forum truly works, things will work better around here..

But as it stand right now the SRT10 Ram on this site is only supported by supporting vendors any other product out there is irrelevant even is there might be a need or a want for it..

There is another side of this that has not been addressed: when a member came here and asked for help with his bump steer issue, no vendor offered a solution. Even when time was allowed for a vendor to step up, the response was something like, "we are not interested because we don't want our name attached to products that we have not tested". The forum member then did the only logical thing and found an outside vendor who could help him. I thought it was kind of him to then come back here and let us know how we could all solve our bump steer issues. That member was lambasted. Fortunately, a vendor did finally step up and offer a viable product for this issue.

Carbon brakes are no different. A single member came on here wanting to sell his brakes. A couple guys spoke up and said they would be interested and asked about a group buy. Seems me that if a vendor wants to be involved in a product, that would be the time for them to step up and say, "We will do a group buy on a similar solution, if we can generate enough interest". If that isn't done, what harm is there in a group of members wanting to seek good deals from a non registered vendor?

The sentence in bold is what BigRed probably took issue with. I've made great friends on this forum. And I've met a whole community of like minded people who drive the same truck I do. The reason we all initially came here was to discuss our trucks. If we can't discuss finding new solutions for our trucks, even products/solutions that current vendors don't offer, what appeal is there for us to initially join the forum?

More: As a capitalist, I understand that the forum is a For-Profit and that revenue is generated through vendor fee's. I also understand that traffic is the key to revenue. If the membership here wants to discuss price/availability of items that paying vendors don't offer, doesn't that add value to the site in the forum of traffic?

In summary, what vendor offers a ceramic brake kit for our trucks? If the answer is no-one, how is it sensible for conversation regarding other sources for this product to be forbidden?

Like i said before, we should send the admin a msg, stop paying the voluntary member fees,, and we'll see how quickly there attitude changes, hit them where it hirts..

Unfortunately I can not unpay I paid a lifetime to Patrick in the beginning.. But if i was yearly i certainly would not pay again..

I quit

Bye

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back