GSXR600 Kill

very cool story but there aint no way a QC goes over 110 mph:D :D :D :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :elefant:

stick said:
very cool story but there aint no way a QC goes over 110 mph:D :D :D :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :elefant:

You must mean in reverse ~or~ towing a RC???:dontknow: :D :p

WOT said:
Raced from a dig, but I must admit I didn't exactly play fair:

I was stopped at a light on a service road that forcibly enters onto the highway with a 70mph speed limit. A new GSXR600 pulls up next to me in the left lane. We are both at the front of the line sitting at the red light. We are positioned on clean white concrete and the night air is chilly - perfect for a quick jaunt. The motorcycle rider is dawning kevlar laced full rice-gear and nicely matches his paint scheme on his precision machine. I could see that he was clearly jealous of my truck's wing but probably wondered why it was so small. Idling at a Formula One friendly 1400 rpm, he pulls his clutch in and innocently clicks it down into 1st gear with a clunk.

I have two passengers in the truck, and I start to giggle. I tell them, "Watch me bait this guy into a race by out-launching the holy hell out of him." The thought of the injustice of it all just absolutely tickles me pink. My palms begin to sweat as I wait in anticipation for the light to turn green so I can do a top-fuel pass onto the highway and impress everybody and nobody at the same time.

I wait for what seems like an eternity. My adrenaline is starting to pump violently, and my foot begins to shake on the brake pedal. I pass the time trying to appear to remain calm and tell my friend in the front seat, "I figure he'll come around me on the big end, but it will be fun to watch him come by me at a buck fifty...." my voice cracking while I look back and forth at my light and the cross traffic's light. My friend and my back seat passenger are all smiles and think that my plan is a pretty good idea. I try to hide the fact that my hands are sweating and feet shaking. I now look somewhat like a crack addict just released from a weekend lockup about to score his next fix. Sweat is starting to bead-up on my forehead. I don't so much as blink.

The motorcycle driver looks over and begins eye-balling the truck while we are stopped but isn't poised, revved, or ready to launch. He probably has no idea what I have planned for him. I nervously giggle like a school girl and wait patiently to make my kill knowing all the while that I am not playing fair. If I were in grade school, my report card would have the "Does not play well with others" box checked for this incident. The motorcycle rider sat waiting for the light and dreamed of corner-carving and warmer days....

The light turns green.

I floor it and spin off the line with a screech. The unsuspecting superbike pilot sits dumbfounded for a couple of milliseconds, stunned by what has just happened.

He takes the bait.

He very quickly gets his act together, but his high revving, small-displacement Gixxer just won't launch easily, especially since he was just sitting there at idle with the clutch in, minding his own business. He stumbles off the line as I approach redline in 1st. By the time he gets going, I am past the intersection and on my way up the entrance ramp onto the highway, on the floor, balls to the wall.

I leave the transmission in D (QC, auto) and just let the truck handle the shifting duty. At 45-50mph it barks the tires as it jerks into 2nd gear. I continue to stay in it knowing that I can't give the superbike even an inch of leeway, or he will overtake me quickly. We both enter the highway where it is 3 lanes wide, but by this time I have 4-5 lengths on him. He is now nose high with the hammer down. He begins to close the gap at around 100 mph, but I stay the course. There is no way in hell I am not gonna' make this easy on him.

At 125 I am still ahead of him, but he is right at my back bumper. I remain true to my cause and don't let off as if I had a pin in my knee. He is hunkered down on his gas tank and shifting at 15,000 rpm. My Borla exhaust is howling, his titanium pipe shrieking. Now at 135, I am again starting to pull away as his small superbike is starting to run out of horsepower. I shut her down and give the quick 2-blink on the brake lights to signal that I am declaring the win. He pulls up next to me and gives me the thumbs up. He bowed his head in defeat and quickly shot off onto the next available exit.

Victorious, I proudly coast down from ludicrous speed back to the legal speed limit amongst the cheers of my passengers and the imaginary crowd in my head. It was a good night.

He is obviously faster in the qtr mile, but we didn't race a qtr mile. We went from 0 - 135 and he had a bad start. He never once got ahead of me -- the taste of victory sweet, and it was mine!
:bs:
maybe it was the :canabis: ,comeon dude pass the bong

Hey guys, the story is true. Plus, I didn't say this was in the qtr. The entire race was more like 3/4 of a mile. Plus, I left the guy standing at the light for first couple of seconds. I was up to 45 mph before he realized that I wanted to race. Had he been prepared, he would have beaten me before I had even got across the intersection.

I personally have a lowered R6 with a pipe, a 1200 VMAX with carb kits and modded exhaust, and a YZF426 (dirt bike) modded to the max (plus I have an H2 tripple drag bike, but that is an entirely different animal). Any of you that haven't rode a new high horsepower 600 don't know what you are talking about. I have been surprised a couple of times while on my R6 by a few cars that took off and launched hard at a light. I eventually caught up to them, but it was at 120 mph plus before I could come around them. Had I been prepared, I could have feathered the clutch and got off to a good start and beaten them in the first 600 feet or so.

The 600s will completely smoke the clutch or wheelie over backward if you try to launch hard. They have no torque at all below 8000 rpm, but pull like a frieght train from 8000 to 15000 rpm. I bet any one of you would have a hard time pulling off a 12 flat on a new 600. The VMAX, you just floor it and dump the clutch. It will run low to mid 11's all day long and sometimes faster on a cold day. Interestingly, from a 40 mph roll the VMAX and the R6 are dead even to 140. From a dead stop, the VMAX absolutely kills the R6. It's not even close.

On my VMAX, nothing short of a car setup for drag racing beats me to 80 mph. But, I did race a bone stock z06 that hung with me from a 100 roll up 'till about 145 or so. On the big end, high horsepower cars will surprise a slower/smaller bike.

Now, an R1, Gixxer 1000, ZX1000, ZX14, or Hayabusa is a different story. Those bike have power everywhere. I raced a new GSR1000 with my VMAX and beat the guy to 80, but by the end of the quarter mile, he had come around me so fast that I could barely still see him. I was doing 124 in the quarter and he was doing something like 142 and still pulling hard.

The small, revvy bikes have to be ridden properly to go fast -- wrong gear at the wrong time, and the 600's get blown away.

Last edited:
505'sFastestViper. said:
a gsxr600 is not a superbike period but continue

By the way, here's the definition of superbikes from AMA:

The AMA Superbike Championship race is based on production four-stroke street motorcycles. The motorcycles in this class must have one the following engine displacements:

• 550cc-600cc 4-stroke liquid-cooled 4-valve four cylinders
• 650cc-675cc 4-stroke liquid-cooled 4-valve three cylinders
• 650cc-850cc 4-stroke liquid-cooled 4-valve twin cylinders
• 990cc-1100cc 4-stroke air/oil-cooled 2-valve desmo twin cylinders
• 990cc-1200cc 4-stroke air/oil-cooled 4-valve twin cylinders
• 900cc-1350cc 4-stroke air/oil-cooled 2-valve twin cylinders

AMA Formula Xtreme final races are normally 60 kilometers in length, except at the Daytona 200, where the race is 200 miles.

SRTcracka said:
You're a great story writer...bs or not. I was on the edge of my seat...definitely entertaining! :rock: :rock:
Hey thanks. I'm glad some enjoyed the story. And hey, in my mind that's exactly how it happened. Did I sucker punch him on the launch? Sure. Could he have been a crappy rider? Most likely. But either way, there's one rider out there who has a little new found respect for the old SRT-10 pickup.

Last edited:
I have raced a mildly modified zx10r and won;) but I raced bikes for years and know where there week points are, but this thread is why I never posted it;) LOLLLOLOL

MSRP: $8,899
Weight: 407 lbs (empty tank)
Weight Distribution: 51.7% F (w/full tank)
Peak HP: 101.8 @ 13,400 rpm
Peak Torque: 43.2 lb-ft @ 11,100 rpm
1/4-mile: 10.75 @ 132.8 mph
Observed Fuel Economy: 32.1 mpg

his trap speed is 132 in the quarter,he catches u in 10 seconds dude ,if u went 3/4mile race get real,especially in a qc,u aint pulling nothing when u get past 130mph

Stinker said:
Chub if you were on that 600, do you "really" think it would do a 10.75?;)
in the 1/8 mile for sure! ,lol, i havent been on a bike since the late eighties when i had my yamaha seca 650 turbo

LOLOLOL my point:D alot of guys would be surprised how well these trucks do run against bikes, especially if you catch the bike in the wrong gear, from a dead stop or where he has to downshift before he gets back into the power range;)

sometimes you jsut have to be a tad smarter than the other guy;) :p

Hey, I also raced a new Camry. He actually did better than the bike did. But, the Camry left the light as soon as it turned green. I was caught off guard and had to catch up and pass him (at about 65 or so). The guy on the bike obviously could have obliterated me if had been given a chance. But either way, he took the bait, and I beat him. In his eyes, an SRT-10 quad cab is a good race for his bike.

Stinker said:
LOLOLOL my point:D alot of guys would be surprised how well these trucks do run against bikes, especially if you catch the bike in the wrong gear, from a dead stop or where he has to downshift before he gets back into the power range;)

sometimes you jsut have to be a tad smarter than the other guy;) :p
i agree champ but a 3/4 mile race? once he caught him theres no way a qc pulls away at 135,unless its the supertank!

Hey, most 600's and my QC have about the same top speed 150-155. Neither one accelerates real fast once you hit high gear. My R6 absolutely rockets up to 135. Then you shift into 6th gear and you have to stay in it for the long haul. The guy on the bike may have just been unwilling to stay in it once he realized that I was in leg-lock mode.

If you've never topped out a motorcycle, it's scarier than you might think. I've had my VMAX up to 157 (topped out), my R6 up to 150 or so (not topped out, but close), my dirt bike up to 110, my Seadoo up to 71 (topped out), my Jetski up to 67 (topped out), my Impala SS up to 174 (topped out, 383 stroker motor, ported, polished, cam, etc, etc, etc just in case you guys are thinking that is BS), and just about every car I have ever rented.

However, I have not yet topped out the QC.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back