GSXR600 Kill

The small, revvy bikes have to be ridden properly to go fast -- wrong gear at the wrong time, and the 600's get blown away.

Very good statement WOT....

Your story is now validated...Nice story by the way. You should be an editor mod around here that way at least some of the dumb street racing stories would be entertaining at least:p

WOT...Nice kill...You beat hin that's all...Good for you bud...He must have
thought a 4 door pickup...Surprise SRT pickup...Nice kill...:rock:

Dammit my post just skrewed up...

Good kill bro, i agree with you 100% and love the fact that finaly someone else posts a kill about a bike ... and yes it is a verry close race with a 600 expecialy if you get him from a dig .. or they are popin the front tire and cant keep in it and have to keep gettin on and off the gas... i race a pack of bikes there were 15 bikes on the 95 south at 3am last year the guy out front was a 600 they were just goin slow.... so it was a 70 to 140 type race wich we did probbly 7 times result the same everytime... dead even till 135ish then he had none left and i could pull on him.... althougth there were about 10 other bikes that were much higher hp and they all walked past the first 2 times then got boared... but the 600 and a couple of his 600 buddies were all fighting for the win lol... and well non of them could pull past... .. i also raced a 600 from a light " had his chick on the back" he couldnt keep the wheel down and he finaly gave up after 3 lights , from a dig... anyway keep it up.... ps no one beleaved me before either and i didnt give a shit ... so im sure nothing is gonna change now....

WOT said:
Hey guys, the story is true. Plus, I didn't say this was in the qtr. The entire race was more like 3/4 of a mile. Plus, I left the guy standing at the light for first couple of seconds. I was up to 45 mph before he realized that I wanted to race. Had he been prepared, he would have beaten me before I had even got across the intersection.

I personally have a lowered R6 with a pipe, a 1200 VMAX with carb kits and modded exhaust, and a YZF426 (dirt bike) modded to the max (plus I have an H2 tripple drag bike, but that is an entirely different animal). Any of you that haven't rode a new high horsepower 600 don't know what you are talking about. I have been surprised a couple of times while on my R6 by a few cars that took off and launched hard at a light. I eventually caught up to them, but it was at 120 mph plus before I could come around them. Had I been prepared, I could have feathered the clutch and got off to a good start and beaten them in the first 600 feet or so.

The 600s will completely smoke the clutch or wheelie over backward if you try to launch hard. They have no torque at all below 8000 rpm, but pull like a frieght train from 8000 to 15000 rpm. I bet any one of you would have a hard time pulling off a 12 flat on a new 600. The VMAX, you just floor it and dump the clutch. It will run low to mid 11's all day long and sometimes faster on a cold day. Interestingly, from a 40 mph roll the VMAX and the R6 are dead even to 140. From a dead stop, the VMAX absolutely kills the R6. It's not even close.

On my VMAX, nothing short of a car setup for drag racing beats me to 80 mph. But, I did race a bone stock z06 that hung with me from a 100 roll up 'till about 145 or so. On the big end, high horsepower cars will surprise a slower/smaller bike.

Now, an R1, Gixxer 1000, ZX1000, ZX14, or Hayabusa is a different story. Those bike have power everywhere. I raced a new GSR1000 with my VMAX and beat the guy to 80, but by the end of the quarter mile, he had come around me so fast that I could barely still see him. I was doing 124 in the quarter and he was doing something like 142 and still pulling hard.

The small, revvy bikes have to be ridden properly to go fast -- wrong gear at the wrong time, and the 600's get blown away.

Ok right after I got my 05 RC I pulled up to a light and there was a R1 at the red light, he had a girl on the back.
So I figured I would have some fun, I know what a bike can do I race bikes.:burnout:
Anyway I revved it up a bit a couple of times and got his attention.
Light turns green I take off and he is trying to take off, Im still smiling when I think about this it is so funny, he tries to get it going but the weight of the girl make him stand it straight up .I get maybe 1 car on him he tries 3 times and every time it stands straight up. Im not pulling away from him he is right by my bumper and I can see how the girl is hitting him in the side it is so funny I have to slow down for next red light and he pulls up next to me again he wont even look at me, and no more racing. He would beat me any day would it not have been for the girl any newer 600cc up bike would smoke me.
But this was fun; I think he had to sleep on the couch that night lol:toilet:

kpracing said:
Ok right after I got my 05 RC I pulled up to a light and there was a R1 at the red light, he had a girl on the back.
So I figured I would have some fun, I know what a bike can do I race bikes.:burnout:
Anyway I revved it up a bit a couple of times and got his attention.
Light turns green I take off and he is trying to take off, Im still smiling when I think about this it is so funny, he tries to get it going but the weight of the girl make him stand it straight up .I get maybe 1 car on him he tries 3 times and every time it stands straight up. Im not pulling away from him he is right by my bumper and I can see how the girl is hitting him in the side it is so funny I have to slow down for next red light and he pulls up next to me again he wont even look at me, and no more racing. He would beat me any day would it not have been for the girl any newer 600cc up bike would smoke me.
But this was fun; I think he had to sleep on the couch that night lol:toilet:

LOLOLOLOLOLO that is sweet!

I know my fjr is faster than either of my trucks(well maybe not the tank)... but with that said.. I just don't have the balls to street-race a 6000 lb truck... somethin goes wrong and I'm roadkill:dontknow: .... never mess with bikes... if they do something wrong and go down... it's not good for you or them...

with that said nice kill :D

My fat 250 lbs ass ran a 10.33 @140 on a 01 gixxer 1K. Stock gearing full pipe and PC.

A late model ZX10 or R1 will do 104 mph in first gear.

A good rider on a 600 will do high 10's low 11's

Last edited:
Didn't read pages 2 or 3... but... you beat someone who didn't know they were racing. Congratulations? I took out granny on the way home from the store tonight myself.

BriteCrawler said:
Didn't read pages 2 or 3... but... you beat someone who didn't know they were racing. Congratulations? I took out granny on the way home from the store tonight myself.

Translation of what Brite is saying: I'm too lazy to read through and understand the gist of this thread, but I'm going to offer my unwarranted opinion and give a passive insult....

Hey thanks for nothing. Rock on brotha'.

WOT said:
Translation of what Brite is saying: I'm too lazy to read through and understand the gist of this thread, but I'm going to offer my unwarranted opinion and give a passive insult....

haha good call wot...

WOT said:

:D :D :D :D :D :burnout:

WOT said:

Not too lazy, there's just a bunch of garbage about street racing and how great it was to kill a bike followed by more accurate bullshit calls.

You raced someone who wasn't racing. Good job.

Edit:

As I expected, I got a moderator PM for saying what I wanted to say about you. At his request, I respectfully removed it.

Last edited:
again, you should really should read all of it...theres a little more to it than what you read.....

and why would the admin's come down on this thread?

Man that was the best thing I have read in the last 2 weeks. My palms were getting sweaty just reading it. You must have been a english major cuz that was awesome. man I am going to read it again:rock:

I think everyone miss understood what he is saying, he wasn't racing him. it wasn't a 1/4 mile, it was just a great story for reading fun. Maybe the bike really didn't try that hard, maybe the biker gave him the thumbs up because he just saw a huge truck take off like a mofo!

This place is turning into a bunch of sally's. just read the story and move on.

Last edited:
BurntRubber said:
Man that was the best thing I have read in the last 2 weeks. My palms were getting sweaty just reading it. You must have been a english major cuz that was awesome. man I am going to read it again:rock:

I think everyone miss understood what he is saying, he wasn't racing him. it wasn't a 1/4 mile, it was just a great story for reading fun. Maybe the bike really didn't try that hard, maybe the biker gave him the thumbs up because he just saw a huge truck take off like a mofo!

I think it's turning into a bunch of folks who over generalize and broadly categorize folks.

BurntRubber said:

Thanks, and well said. I hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed racing the guy.....

Believe it or not, my background is purely technical -- my degree is in Mechanical Engineering. But, I've started expanding my skillset by improving my writing skills. It seems to help me in my career (engineering project manager). Not that I need to write descriptive stories, but it helps to get the point across if I can articulate well. I typically get involved in technical problem escalation where an accurate accounting of what has transpired is essential to issue resolution and containment. Accurate and descriptive writing greatly assists this.

For example, here is a write up I did on this forum regarding the idle air controller for our trucks: http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19775
My reply is post #9.

Last edited:
Yes, well written but please call it fiction...

It is discoverable, if you doubt my words ask Dina.

Roy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back