GTO and Rumble Bee DRT

jrray24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 6 long hours of installing my JMB midpipes, original mids were the problem here, I had to take the beast out for a test spin at 0030 hours. I was headed up the local 4 lane when a Rumble Bee pulled up and I guess didn't know what the truck was or just wanted to see what it would do. Needless to say he was far enough back I didn't bother to stop and chat.

Then another mile up the road I decided to play. A red GTO was cruising along. I pulled alongside at 40 in second and let her eat. Man it sound good without those restrictive cats. The guy pulled alongside and motioned me over. I obliged. He asked if I wanted to run from a dig. I agreed. We ran twice. The first was right at 1/4 and I got him easily by 3 lengths even after I grannied it out of the hole. The second run we probably shut down after a mile. I got him out of the hole bad this time as I launched at 3000 with warm tires. He never got close. I shut down at 140 and he was at least 10 back.

That is why I bought my SRT-10!:rock:

JRRAY, i have been there I own a GTO too, every now and then I have the GTO going, but they are quick cars.but I love raing my wife in the lightning. She gets tickled if she is winning, but they is not happening, man I wish I could hear the mids. Do you have headers, mids, exhaust

Nice run bro!
:burnout: :burnout:

jrray24 said:
After 6 long hours of installing my JMB midpipes, original mids were the problem here, I had to take the beast out for a test spin at 0030 hours. I was headed up the local 4 lane when a Rumble Bee pulled up and I guess didn't know what the truck was or just wanted to see what it would do. Needless to say he was far enough back I didn't bother to stop and chat.

Then another mile up the road I decided to play. A red GTO was cruising along. I pulled alongside at 40 in second and let her eat. Man it sound good without those restrictive cats. The guy pulled alongside and motioned me over. I obliged. He asked if I wanted to run from a dig. I agreed. We ran twice. The first was right at 1/4 and I got him easily by 3 lengths even after I grannied it out of the hole. The second run we probably shut down after a mile. I got him out of the hole bad this time as I launched at 3000 with warm tires. He never got close. I shut down at 140 and he was at least 10 back.

That is why I bought my SRT-10!:rock:

And Brad, I understand your position on street racing. Rest assured. The real races were after midnight on a desolate road with no driveways or traffic. The straight was over 3 miles long. The only person I could hurt would be me. That has ALWAYS been my rule, even when stunt riding on crotch rockets. I do not act stupid with traffic around. BTW, when we were on the four lane we had a mile of 4 lane all to ourselves. The only thing we risked was a ticket!!! I am taking the truck to the track ASAP though.

jrray24 said:
And Brad, I understand your position on street racing. Rest assured. The real races were after midnight on a desolate road with no driveways or traffic. The straight was over 3 miles long. The only person I could hurt would be me. That has ALWAYS been my rule, even when stunt riding on crotch rockets. I do not act stupid with traffic around. BTW, when we were on the four lane we had a mile of 4 lane all to ourselves. The only thing we risked was a ticket!!! I am taking the truck to the track ASAP though.
I think this is what most (people who own high horsepower) people use as a guide.

From time to time, I will open it up on a desolated road with no one around; you get the urge to stretch the right foot sometimes :)

good kills!! :rock: :rock:

as far as street racing the feeling you get is unbeatable .....(well except for sex of course):elefant: :elefant: :D :D so as long as its safe do it :D

RedSrt007 said:
I think this is what most (people who own high horsepower) people use as a guide.

From time to time, I will open it up on a desolated road with no one around; you get the urge to stretch the right foot sometimes :)

Stretch the right foot huh? you need alot of space for that car:D

silversnake said:
good kills!! :rock: :rock:

as far as street racing the feeling you get is unbeatable .....(well except for sex of course):elefant: :elefant: :D :D so as long as its safe do it :D

Sex or racing

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back