"H" "X" or Nada . . . ?

"H" "X" or Nada . . . ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a guy that does some great custom work. He actually installed the exhaust on my truck. He's gonna be creating some custom catless mids for me, and he seems to think I'll benefit from an H or X in my system. He's pretty infamous in the parts. He does a lot of old school muscle, he's like the "go-to" guy within the local streetcar/muscle crowd. I value his input, but I am also aware that "the times they are-a-changin'".

What's the general concensus of the gurus of the VTCOA??? :dontknow: :D

(Note: I did perform a half-assed search, but I only found a thread a two dedicated to the subject. H and X are too common or two short!)

I created this thread as a poll, so make your selection, and please explain why.

(Note: just because the poll is favor of one option, that doesn't mean that's the option I'll choose. . .)

505'sFastestViper. said:
i chose a single 5 inch heheehe

UH??? Do you really want me to say what I'm thinking:dontknow: :rofl: :rofl: :idea: :reddy:

kyle's srt10 said:
UH??? Do you really want me to say what I'm thinking:dontknow: :rofl: :rofl: :idea: :reddy:
dam i should have worded that better.........a 5inch exhaust..oh hell its no use im gonna get ripped on for that one:D

These Viper engines seem to defy conventional modding knowledge....Do you have an after-market exhaust Jimi?....magnaflow has a crossover inside the muffler..

TNVIPER said:
These Viper engines seem to defy conventional modding knowledge....Do you have an after-market exhaust Jimi?....magnaflow has a crossover inside the muffler..

I currently have two Dynomax mufflers. Right now, it's a true dual setup.

I know of no real difference between ah H or X both of them accomplish the same thing and an H is easier to do.

505'sFastestViper. said:
dam i should have worded that better.........a 5inch exhaust..oh hell its no use im gonna get ripped on for that one:D
:dontknow: Whats the problem? You got at least 2 inches on Prof.:D :D

FATJACK said:
I know of no real difference between ah H or X both of them accomplish the same thing and an H is easier to do.

X H

There's a huge difference! :toilet:

Let me see if I can remember from long ago. The exhaust pulses are stronger on the left bank of the engine, all the crossover is for is to equalize the exhaust pressure. ( I think)

We need you to be the guinea pig and do both!!! and than tell us which is better! I chose X because it looks cooler

FATJACK said:
Let me see if I can remember from long ago. The exhaust pulses are stronger on the left bank of the engine, all the crossover is for is to equalize the exhaust pressure. ( I think)

That's totally correct, that exactly what the exhaust guy told me. He seemed to think the "X" was better (better flowing - as well as - better sound/tone). Like I stated earlier, he does old street rods and muscle cars, but this V10 engine seems to be totally opposite when it comes to modifying it.

I would have to say X-pipe Jimi;) I may try one later on this spring along with some different mufflers:D The two magnaflows I have sound awesome BUT they are extremely loud:( I can hear my SC'r:eek:

I am goin X-pipe here soon,I thought some one was posting something about the X and H pipes,one increased torque and the other was better top end?? kind of along the line of "short " tube, "long" tube headers??

Yellow venom 366 said:
I am goin X-pipe here soon,I thought some one was posting something about the X and H pipes,one increased torque and the other was better top end??

Which one is torque & which one is top end?

X-Pipes in V8's use the flow from either side to create a pressure differential in the exhaust and scavenge the exhaust.

A odd firing V10 will not benefit for power but it will benefit for sound. 2 cylinders fire on either bank at the same time, no pulse differential.

505 start a post regarding your exhaust.

This is what i want to do. I've been thinking of buying a diesel cat back and modding it

If I recall the X-pipe was a better low end torque because when the rpm gets higher less exhaust gases pass through the H-pipe! Right?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back