Happy 4th everyone.

Black1 said:
SHELL-SHOCK! :eek:

Been there, Bro.... I feel for you! ......... I hope all is well in the morning. :dontknow: :eek:

Just a little sore today... I got another show tonight... but this one is all electrical. Its amazing what concusion blast will do to a person.

Its not time I dealt with a misfire, but its the first time I got hit with debris and knocked to the ground.

Black1 said:
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!!!! :rock:

Army: "This We'll Defend" (I counted over 70 "Mottos" within the Army... So, the MAIN one is what I used. :) )
Navy: "Non sibi sed patriae" (Not self but country)
Marines: "Semper Fidelis" (Always Faithful)
Air Force: "Un Ab Alto" (One Over All)
Coast Guard: "Semper Paratus" (Always Ready)

You guys ALL ROCK!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Thank You! :)
The Army needs 70 since their war cry is.............RETREAT !!!!!!! :p :D

azpyroguy said:
I just got back from shooting the first fireworks show in the valley, its the official kick off of the fourth of july shows, about a 27 minute show.

We had a slight problem tonight, I was shooting 4" shells, and one came out of the mortar and when up about 8-10 feet, and came back down and landed right in the middle of the rack....

I was about 2 feet from it, it took me about 3 seconds to realize what had happened, I had time to turn my back to it.. then BOOOOOOM!!

The blast knocked me flat on the ground, and I got hit with burning debris, and firework pellets that were burning... mostly on my left upper thigh... but some on my lower left calf.

It desimated the rack, blew the thing clean apart, and flattened two of our mortar tubes that are made of HDPE Plastic.

It went clean through my jeans that I was wearing.

The injury right now is about the size of a quarter, but its swollen up about 1/4 inch right now... so I fully expect to see a bruise the size of a baseball, and and bruise on my lower calf.

They got pictures of the carnage... so I as soon as I get them emailed to me.. I will post them....

Once you see them, you will fully understand why we take so much care when dealing with display grade fireworks.

I was told by the fire marshall that he saw me turn and duck, then Booooom.. and I disspeared in a white and green flash.

The shock wave was so great that it made me have to stop shooting and hand it over to someone else... I could not walk straight, they said I was wobling, and had a strange look my face, and broken voice.

I know that I had uncontrollable shakes for about 15-20 minutes from the blast wave, and had a hard time thinking....

A good way to describe the power of these shells is like having 1.5 sticks of dynamite detonate 4-5 feet from you, and thats what it feels like...
Silly Bastage..............:D Try launching them from the BBQ next time :D :p You could use one of those Brontosaurus sized steaks as a launching pad LOOLOLOL Just jamb the stick in and fire away :D

azpyroguy said:
Just a little sore today... I got another show tonight... but this one is all electrical. Its amazing what concusion blast will do to a person.

Its not time I dealt with a misfire, but its the first time I got hit with debris and knocked to the ground.

There is a news report of a local guy here that was burnt pretty bad last night by one that exploded in the motar shell.

Be careful tonight.

TheSickness said:
Silly Bastage..............:D Try launching them from the BBQ next time :D :p You could use one of those Brontosaurus sized steaks as a launching pad LOOLOLOL Just jamb the stick in and fire away :D

Hey.. now there and idea... but we dont use sticks...
bundledtubes.jpg

mooni said:
If you know someone that has fought for our freedom, shake their hand. Remember nothing in life is free. Let's all celebrate the fact that we have our own lives and live free to make our own choices and mistakes.

My cousin, Chris, in my mother's family side. He is currently in Iraq to fight for the freedom.

Happy 4th to everyone!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back