has anyone seen a dog put to sleep?

As the others have said, I know what you went through and are going through missing your friend. My wife and I have had to make the decision twice. As Bob said, it is humane, but it does rip your heart out.

My wife could not be in the room with our Shelties, but I felt like I _had_ to be there. We bought our first pair about 6 months apart... one was more my dog, and one was more my wife's... didn't matter to me. When it came time for them to be put under (at different times), I just had to be in there with them. I realize once they are under anethesia they don't even know we are there... they are really asleep. But I had to wait until they had passed.

Now we have two more, and I will grieve the same when it is their time as well.

Peace to you, and I hope you are able to have another relationship with a wonderful dog in the near future. It was the only way for me to heal.

I Love animals....I have a French Mastiff and also have a Blue Pitbull puppy.
The best thing is to get another puppy. never will they be forgotten many memories, pictures but its always hard to make that decision.

This thread is awesome and crappy at the same time. My "doggy" is Zeus, been a pain in my ass since I picked him up and he puked in my truck. I can't believe that was 7 years ago. He was just a little guy and I loved him right away (Black Lab; parents were field labs)...but man he was mischievous. If you have seen Marley and Me, that's my dog.

I admit that I have not been the best friend to him that he has been to me. He is my first dog and I am 32 years old. He tends to drive my wife nucking futz but I let him get away with murder now. Hell, he sleeps on the couch...I don't care!LOL! (Zeus loves leather couches, cakes, cupcakes, steaks(cooked or raw), and just about anything else left on counters or in garbage cans.):)

Reading this made me think...if he passes in the house that would crush me, if I have to put him down...that would just kill me. I have spent many drunk nights just talking to my Zeus and he always listens. Best friend I have ever had...never judges.:rock: (He still bugs the F out of me when he licks his paws incessantly!!!)

About a month ago i had to put my Rott. Neo down. I sat on the floor of the examining room with him for 2 hours while they went through the proccess. finally the vet came in with the cocktail, And slowly injected it. He layed his head down in my hands, And that was it. The vet checked his heart, There was no beat. I cried like a 12 year old school girl. I loved that big ol boy. :(

It is an incisive and introspective topic............ We do invest much of our hearts in them....

Well done....

D

Put my GShepard down myself 7 years ago. Best damn dog I ever knew. Slobbered and moaned for days(me, not the dog). Still don't want another one after that. Like losing a child.

God Bless those of you who face this. Another of God's lessons for us, to teach us to appreciate our loved ones while they are here I suppose and live everyday as if it were your last, for you never know.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back