Has my brain been warped???

BurntRubber

Supporting Member
Reaction score
because of the need for speed...

Thinking of trading the viper in...reason being I want something faster and don't want to spend much money(don't we all want this). So I am thinking a Corvette...over on the corvette forums there are tons of 600+rwhp Z06's and FRC's for low 30's even some in the high 20's. $30K for a 10 second car seems cheap. Even faslane505 has his Z06 for sale for $26K. I could sell my Viper, But a heavily modded, 10 second vette and a 55 cadillac project car.
does this make sense has the thought of more speed warped my brain?
The viper is fast, no doubt, it a Viper...but I don't think I could hang with a 600+rwhp 02 Z06!!! Help!

BurntRubber said:

Thinking of trading the viper in...reason being I want something faster and don't want to spend much money(don't we all want this). So I am thinking a Corvette...over on the corvette forums there are tons of 600+rwhp Z06's and FRC's for low 30's even some in the high 20's. $30K for a 10 second car seems cheap. Even faslane505 has his Z06 for sale for $26K. I could sell my Viper, But a heavily modded, 10 second vette and a 55 cadillac project car.
The viper is fast, no doubt, it a Viper...but I don't think I could hang with a 600+rwhp 02 Z06!!! Help!

there are always slower cars and .. yes, faster ones... you need to view the hole picture , not just the speed capability.... don't know, never been in a viper.. understood it's not big inside... not for me i suppose....yeah, a ZO6 is not ugly .. hhmmm..

i just fit in my C3 vette :D .. ofcourse only for meetings and fun...:elefant: ..................:nurse: ;)

un-warp your mind ---the bling factor and status with the viper is the prime directive------tt the viper for more speed/power

VIPR PWR said:
un-warp your mind ---the bling factor and status with the viper is the prime directive------tt the viper for more speed/power

TT a viper is not an easy project, yes it will be fast but it will cost atleast $20k, huge power but I don't have the $$$ for it.

Then the NOS is your best option for the power and price ----Save the viper -----scrap the z06

Never thought of NOS, never used it before...could I run a 100 shot all the time?

yes and the price is right especially for the power gain and you only have to hit it when you want the power......See your starting to un-warp now hahahaha

Dude -

Keep your eyeballs open. Seems like every so often there's a used Roe for sale on The Alley or the VCA.

600+hp and a BOATLOAD of Torque should be enough, IMO, for a while anyway.;) :D

Hamrhead said:
Dude -

Keep your eyeballs open. Seems like every so often there's a used Roe for sale on The Alley or the VCA.

600+hp and a BOATLOAD of Torque should be enough, IMO, for a while anyway.;) :D

Yeah, but my engine has some blowby, the tech down here said tear down the engine and then put the Roe on, but I think just run it with a 6.5# pulley and W/M...should get me ~575rwhp and a ton of torque!

Not exactly what you are looking for but worth exploring...strap NOS on one of the new ZR1 Supercharged Corvettes. I have little doubt that will be a ten second combination.

Every trophy wife and yuppie prick drives a 'vette - Vipers are and always will be rare and special. My 0.02, save your money and mod the Viper, or buy a sportbike if you really want cheap speed, just don't race WOT on it;) .

Keep the Viper Carlo . . .

It's ALL attitude. Tupperware is for women. (Although I love C5 Vettes) There's no way I would want to sacrifice a stock Viper for a modded Vette. . . .

There's ALWAYS someone faster . . .

I love the Viper....the lines on the car are perfect.....much better than the Corvette....although I do like the look of the Vette......it is priceless when a new Z06 thinks my car is stock...we line up and the look is classic once we go......plus you don't see a viper everyday.

Walt

RatMotor said:
Every trophy wife and yuppie prick drives a 'vette - Vipers are and always will be rare and special. My 0.02, save your money and mod the Viper, or buy a sportbike if you really want cheap speed, just don't race WOT on it;) .
You should see some the trophy wifes around here.:puke:

BurntRubber said:

Did you get beat by a vette?:D

heres something to think about........a viper stands out,a corvette really doesnt anymore,that being said, nos or paxton ,might be a cheap add on

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back