Has Tremac gone under??

Alberta-SRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by the dealer today that they can no longer order 6-speed Challengers because Tremac went out of business. They said all Vipers are on hold as well due to this. Chrysler is trying to find another supplier but apparenty isn't having much luck. Does anybody know if it's true? Did Tremac go out of business?:dontknow: :mad:

Alberta-SRT said:
I was told by the dealer today that they can no longer order 6-speed Challengers because Tremac went out of business. They said all Vipers are on hold as well due to this. Chrysler is trying to find another supplier but apparenty isn't having much luck. Does anybody know if it's true? Did Tremac go out of business?:dontknow: :mad:
tremec also supplies gm and ford the corvette has it and so does the cobra so there screwed too:marchmellow: :(

having supplied transmissions for

corvette/gm
mustang
dodge
holden (australia)
jaguar
aston martin
jeep
cadillac
saab
amc
nissan
tvr

somehow i doubt it...

Last edited:
viperhauler said:
there's even one in D's z!! (although rebadged as the borg warner, i believe)

According to my ace wrench, you're incorrect....... Borg Warner hasn't made trannies for Nissan forever.... But I will research this and excoriate you further when I do......;)

D

According to the experts so far, Borg Warner made the trannies on the Z31 but not the Z32 (mine)......

D

plenty of new TR6060 Tremecs in stock at Chrysler Depots for the Viper and looks like 48 coming in on the 27th from Tremec for the Challenger. I haven't heard any word on this other than the 6-speed Challengers are on an order freeze. but no reason why

Last edited:
dont know if its true or not, but my dealer told me today the freeze was due to the economy and the fact the challenger wasnt selling like expected:dontknow:

Stinker said:
dont know if its true or not, but my dealer told me today the freeze was due to the economy and the fact the challenger wasnt selling like expected:dontknow:

yeah that cause the ass dealer sales still mark them up more then 5k,..

Hell when i went in there looking for a plain jane white chally v6 with a manual trans they still wanted like $27k and said that they had to mark em cause of demand. I just walked out and murmured how stupid

Django said:
According to the experts so far, Borg Warner made the trannies on the Z31 but not the Z32 (mine)......

D
........... damn, missed it by one point!

Quick

FerrariTruck said:
yeah that cause the ass dealer sales still mark them up more then 5k,..

Hell when i went in there looking for a plain jane white chally v6 with a manual trans they still wanted like $27k and said that they had to mark em cause of demand. I just walked out and murmured how stupid

I have posted it too many times, if ya ever in the need for a new dodge product my dealer said he would gladly try and help anyone, so does the dealer next to fatjack, and tnviper, there is no need for anyone to get screwed by other dealers when buying with that kind of triangle

QuickSilver said:
........... damn, missed it by one point!

Quick

Yup, one point and about 6 years......

Borg Warner made the 4 speed auto tranny for the Z31 TT...... or so they tell me.:eek:

D

I was at the dealer i buy most of my dodges at yesterday, they had a Challenger R/T on the lot with an auto in it, fully loaded it stickered at 38,700, they said i could drive it home for 34K. I told em when they get one with a 6 speed in it to give me a call. I'm thinkin i can get in a nice 2nd gen GTS for close to that number, so it might be a coin flip when i decide to pull the trigger.

For a car that is not selling well i sure do see alot of them. From the v-6 all the way to the srt. As far as dealers marking them up my dealer told me that he'd sell me an r/t auto (for the misses) for 27k. It was not a heavy load but the options she wanted. Its to bad she owes so much on her truck or we'd have one.

Django said:
Yup, one point and about 6 years......

Borg Warner made the 4 speed auto tranny for the Z31 TT...... or so they tell me.:eek:

D
The TREMEC T-5 is a 5-speed manual transmission for longitudinal engine automobiles. It includes one overdrive gear, a light-weight aluminum housing, and is adaptable for four wheel drive use. It is manufactured by Transmission Technologies Corporation. The T-5 was designed by Borg-Warner from the T-4 and earlier SR4, and was sold as the Borg-Warner T-5.

that's what happens when i turn 80's into 90's.....i look dumb...

is yours an auto, D?

tremac is fine i just talked to a buddy of mine that works there. the frezze on the car is due to the economy, how ever there is a nice 6 speed one sitting in the show room near my house

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back