Having Troubles with my Cadillac CTS V...buyback?

CarDude

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been through the ringer with my CTS V. It is a 2005 with 19,500 miles...I bought it new last year in like August I think. It has been in and out of the shop too many times to mention. The service history for the car is a 25 page printed document. I have put up with it because I like the performance of the car, and they always give me a loaner. Well this is the last time. My car went into the shop three weeks ago for a couple days, last week for a few days, and the problem is still not fixed (and it needs to go back in this week). It is on its fourth sunroof...they all rattle on bumps. The sunroof problem started in April of this year. I think the car has been back around 10 times for this particular repair. I think I have been more than patient.

I know some of you smoke, but I don't and every frickin loaner they give me has been someone else’s ashtray, and that means the windows are hazy from the smoke and the car stinks. I just can't take another Enterprise (Inner thighs) Rent a car...even if every one of them has been a Cadillac.

I am supposed to meet with the General Manager of the stealership tonight. He said he can make me a "stupid ridiculous" deal on an 08 STS V. It won't matter if they don't "Buy Back" my car as the MSRP on the STS V is 79K...even at stupid price, if my car is worth nothing (without Buy Back), then it is a waste of time.

I expect the worst tonight (man that is pessimistic)...Sorry for the rant...just fed up. :(

mauiSRT/10 said:
Sounds like its time to brush up on Colorado's lemon laws and go in there with knowledge on your rights.

Good luck

patrick

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

A friend of mine had an Cadillac Allante, it was a big time turd. Just like yourself it was constantly having problems or having it in the shop for one thing or the other.

He finally got feed up and traded it in for a SAAB convertible. Been happy since.

Kevan said:
Is your CTS-V black with tan interior? :D

Yuck...tan interior....all I can see are foot prints in the carpet...shoe marks on the door. Not my car...it is stealth gray with BLACK interior (the only color that interiors should be made in, except a nice super high quality cherry brown...like the VW Toureg)

The CTS V is a very fun car. That is why I have put up with all the problems. It is the best sounding car we own. The after market Corsa exhaust sounds soooo good. Performance wise...It will bark the tires in second to third shifts...amazing. Love the car...hate the problems.

CarDude said:
Yuck...tan interior....all I can see are foot prints in the carpet...shoe marks on the door. Not my car...it is stealth gray with BLACK interior (the only color that interiors should be made in, except a nice super high quality cherry brown...like the VW Toureg)

The CTS V is a very fun car. That is why I have put up with all the problems. It is the best sounding car we own. The after market Corsa exhaust sounds soooo good. Performance wise...It will bark the tires in second to third shifts...amazing. Love the car...hate the problems.

so, apart from the sunroof issue, you would recommend this car? its a stick right?

wheredwhogo? said:
so, apart from the sunroof issue, you would recommend this car? its a stick right?

I would recommend this car...only if you go into purchasing know that

#1 Build quality is low....squeaks and rattles
#2 Car interior is low quality..too much crappy plastic.
#3 Car's resale value sinks fast...better get a fantastic purchase price
#4 The stock Eagle F1 Run-Flats ($400 each) last about 5K
#5 The Caddy V Forums are usually talking about some problem they encoutered

I think that is it...I have really enjoyed the car's performance (and depending on my meeting tonight, might continue to do so)

The show's host is actually right on the money about the car...even though he hates American cars (in general).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E1ZmWIXaAE

CarDude said:
The show's host is actually right on the money about the car...even though he hates American cars (in general).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E1ZmWIXaAE

:D I was going to post this before but wasn't sure if you would get mad if i posted this link or not... some people are defensive of their vehicles sometimes. Clarkson does have a hate on for America not sure why but he does love the Viper! :rock:

Deibs said:
:D I was going to post this before but wasn't sure if you would get mad if i posted this link or not... some people are defensive of their vehicles sometimes. Clarkson does have a hate on for America not sure why but he does love the Viper! :rock:

Not sure on his love for the Viper. He had the Viper race against an Z4-M series and had the M win...BS It was obvious something was afoot...:dontknow:

Last edited:
mopower1958 said:
You are 1 vehicle away from being all Mopar. Get rid of that piece of junk GM and buy another Mopar.

I would if the Challenger were out...:(

CarDude said:
I would if the Challenger were out...:(

5500 are being built for '08 in March and regular production '09.

How did last night go?

Will

They asked me what I want and I said I want General Motors involved, because they have much deeper pockets. They said they had an email into the regional rep (he is in training this week in Detroit). The service director at the dealership said he wasn't sure, at this point, they could get the car repaired. He and I both agreed that maybe there is a structural problem with the car...hence the sunroof's inability to stay put. They said they would pursue General Motors very agressively, and if GM will not step up to the plate, the dealership will make me a deal that will cost them money...just to make things right (I personally find that hard to believe). Cadillac Cust Svc is supposed to call me today, I just don't think they are able to do anything, until the Regional Mgr steps in.

..."will Batman be torn to shreds" tune in next week at this same Bat time, on this same Bat channel.

Also I am still torn as to what to replace my car with if they do buy it back...it behoves me to buy a GM as that will be the product line they can give me the best price on. I would take a Z06 in a heartbeat...it is just the price is more than I want to spend.

Get a Cadillac XLR...

They are sweeeeet!! I have driven one. Top of the line luxury, with a very sporty flair!!!

ntw0rk said:
Get a Cadillac XLR...

They are sweeeeet!! I have driven one. Top of the line luxury, with a very sporty flair!!!

I would buy a Z06 way before that...they are more powerful and cheaper.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back