Having Troubles with my Cadillac CTS V...buyback?

Kevan said:
The XLR has the same drivetrain and chassis as the Z06.

I don't think the XLR-V has the LS7 in it . . . Plus it weighs more.

Roz-SRT said:
I don't think the XLR-V has the LS7 in it . . . Plus it weighs more.

The V is the one with more power (443HP). And they are about 90K.

The XLR is a very sweet ride for the money! (320HP) About 75K.

ntw0rk said:
The V is the one with more power (443HP). And they are about 90K.

The XLR is a very sweet ride for the money! (320HP) About 75K.

2008 Z06 505 hp for 70K... The STS V (four door) has 469 hp 4.4L Northstar V8 with a Supercharger...it can be had for way less than either. The XLR doesn't even compare with my SRT Viper. It may have nicer features but won't even touch it performance wise.

XLR is nice but I think a convertible Vette is nicer..JMHO

Not comparing it with the Viper, two completely different vehicles, with different "purposes".

You have a Caddy, I just figured the luxury ride coupled with the performance would be attractive. And the hard top convertible on the XLR is way cool!!

If I already had a Viper, and a Viper truck, the Caddy would be a nice choice because the Viper, the Truck and the Vette don't compare to the comfort of the XLR. IMHO I would probably go with the XLR too, not the V. 302 HP in that car performs pretty well. It's not a race car, and was not intended to be. At least not like the Viper and the Vette. It's super classy, and gives an amazingly quiet, comfortable and still sporty ride.

It's your money, I hope you make the choice that is right for you. Because you are the only one that has to be happy with it!

Sell (or give back) that turd and buy a '99 - 02 BMW M5..... Unsurpassed quality, 405hp, manual trans., and great stylish yet sophisticated looks. :rock: And, it's (comparatively) CHEAP! :) ........... You can thank me later. :eek: :p ;)

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

My CTS V rides like a loaded log wagon. So it is not the "nice" Caddy (it has their dealer installed super performance shocks). It is high performance all the way. It makes my wife's Charger SRT8 seem like a supple ride...I am all about performance. I hate it that it snows here...it is a big factor in what I will end up with....:(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back