Headers headers headers

armykyle1

Reaction score
I'm picking up a 05 RC Thursday. I'm planning out mods. The truck has a can tune, corsa cat back, and a K&N warm air intake.

It's coming with cal tracks. I plan on doing a 2/3 drop and a catch can within the first month.

The bigger issue is headers. I can't see spending 2k on BB headers. I like the belanger headers, but I noticed the 02 bung is in one of the primary tubes, rather than the collector. So I naturally looked at other headers and I keep seeing obx headers pop up. Same issue as the belangers though, with the bung being in a primary tube, not in the collector. Plus the OBX come with mid pipes. I've double checked the OBX header flanges, well what I see in pics. It looks like they check out.

I can't seem to find one person who has tried the OBX (for these trucks) nor can I find comments about the bung placement in the belanger headers. If I overlooked a thread, I apologize.

Attachments

• belanger headers.jpg
    belanger headers.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 267
  • obxheaders.jpg
    obxheaders.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 358
I've been waiting for someone to buy a set of these. For the price I cant imagine that they are just going to fall apart.

Give them a shot! You can always weld on a new o2 bung for a sensor.

My brother has them on his truck had to play a little with them to fit but overall they look really good

Congrats on the truck. I have no info on the headers I was interested in them as well. If you give it a go lets us know how they work out. I don't think I will get to exhaust until next winter.

For the money I would give them a try. I think some one has tried them.

This maybe a dumb question but what is the big deal with the o2 sensor bung being in the primary and not the collector? Does it matter?

This maybe a dumb question but what is the big deal with the o2 sensor bung being in the primary and not the collector? Does it matter?

My concern is the computer not getting the proper reading, misreading possible misfires. I don't see how you'll get a proper reading with it in the primary. Causing tuning issues and such.

I know to the collector on long tube headers you will definitely need the extensions thus saying you are correct the leads are to short to reach the bungs. Where the o2 sensor bung on the obx header is it will be the exact length needed not to use the extinsions.

I bought shinny SS headers off ebay once for my non-srt V-10 ram. They do look nice.... Nothing but headaches, cracked all over the place. I would steer clear, better to find some used Belangers.

I just happened across a couple sets of ARH's for a good price. I'll probably go with them.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back