Headers headers headers

O2 extensions are much less of a concern, than proper 02 placement. It's strange that two very reputable brands would place them in a primary tube, rather than the collector.

I would prefer the tri Y design for these trucks over equal length LTs. But if the obx fit right, I'll save the bucks. Amazon has pretty good return policies.

make sure to use the oem metal exhaust gaskets, the other gaskets burn out and start to leak. Also locktite all the header bolts. Let us know what other questions you have.

make sure to use the oem metal exhaust gaskets, the other gaskets burn out and start to leak. Also locktite all the header bolts. Let us know what other questions you have.

locktite?? is that going to work with the anti seize ? assuming steel header bolts and aluminum heads of course

locktite?? is that going to work with the anti seize ? assuming steel header bolts and aluminum heads of course

I wouldn't recommend anti seizing header bolts, ever.

Steel bolt, aluminum head? With lock washers it shouldn't come out. Wouldn't the same theory apply as it does to spark plugs?

I would never put loctite on header bolts. Lock washers only. Loctite is used for suspension bolts and brakes.

I've had a delay getting the truck. But I'm hoping it'll fall into place next week and be able to do the header install over the weekend.

Steel bolt, aluminum head? With lock washers it shouldn't come out. Wouldn't the same theory apply as it does to spark plugs?

The only time I have seen header bolts seize is if stainless steel bolts are used in aluminum heads. Regular bolts have never given an issue in my experience. I just don't feel there is a need to anti seize a bolt that is not a regular maintenance item like a spark plug is.

The only time I have seen header bolts seize is if stainless steel bolts are used in aluminum heads. Regular bolts have never given an issue in my experience. I just don't feel there is a need to anti seize a bolt that is not a regular maintenance item like a spark plug is.

Agreed. With all the header systems that I have had over the years, I have never had a bolt back out.:)

Agreed. With all the header systems that I have had over the years, I have never had a bolt back out.:)

I had the same experience with my B&B headers. The biggest thing is to just stay on top of them, giving them a little snugging a couple times after the first few heat cycles. After that I think I put around 15K miles and never had a problem.

If you still looking into OBX, I know the Jeep SRT guys have tried them. Specifically the 6.1L platform. You could search that forum, but I think the reviews are similar to what was said here... Chinese knock-offs, fitment issues, and lesser quality.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

If you still looking into OBX, I know the Jeep SRT guys have tried them. Specifically the 6.1L platform. You could search that forum, but I think the reviews are similar to what was said here... Chinese knock-offs, fitment issues, and lesser quality.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

Some of the reviews are really good. Some aren't.

One way to find out.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back