Headlights and fog lamps

bigredv10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want a brighter headlight bulb without going to HID what brand is the best? I've heard of silverstar but never used anything other than a standard bulb. Also I want to change the foglamps to a yellow color any suggestions? I want to be able to pick these up at a local parts store (NAPA,Autozone,O'reilly)so suggestions might be limited..
Thanks guys

check out online. the standard lights are 55W. you can get them up to 100W. they are illegal, but brighter. also don't waste money on silverstars. i drive a ton at night, get the bulbs that cost next to the cheapest. like sylvania plus or something. just as bright, and the silverstars don't last as long. keep in mind with the 100w bulbs, a light that shines twice as bright shines half as long.

sliverstar will work and just keep stock fog they will look yellow copared to the sivers i have that same set up

silverstars are real bright ppl used to flash me before i had HIDS :dontknow:

i have the ultra stars, they are brighter then the silver stars they replaced, by a noticeable amount, i have KC slim lights in the fog light hole so dont think those would help

You can go to tap plastics and buy yellow weather proof film for your fogs. I did this back in 90 and every ricer wanted to know how I had yellow driving lights. I ended up telling one person and next thing you know. Every one did the same. It's cheap. and works great. If you don't like it, just take it off.

Coley 1334 said:

flash ya?????:elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

HIDS????? ya sickly:dontknow: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :rock:

noid said:
You can go to tap plastics and buy yellow weather proof film for your fogs. I did this back in 90 and every ricer wanted to know how I had yellow driving lights. I ended up telling one person and next thing you know. Every one did the same. It's cheap. and works great. If you don't like it, just take it off.

Nice Idea!! :rock: I'll look into that..... Ill let you know the results later this week thanks for the info guys

I have Sylvania Silverstar High Perf Headlamps (part# 9007ST) & Fog Lights (part# 9006ST) in my SRT-10. They are noticeably brighter than stock & are a true white useable light.

Coley 1334 said:

Yup, i have them too...they are bright as hell, and i've had em in my CE for about 3 years now, no problems...check e-bay, i got them very cheap:elefant:

bigredv10 said:
Thats a little more than I wanna spend yikes!

when i got mine at pep boys, the ultra's are 10 more then the silver stars, 50 and change. fogs are another 50

think i'll try the $50 range I don't want it too bright and draw attention you know just better than stock

Nobody said deviating from OEM was cheap. I suggest you do it once and do it right the first time 'round.

10banger said:
Silverstar Ultra's are $100 bucks for the fogs & heads..... just FYI, kinda pricey.
What part numbers are you guys running? I'm looking for replacement bulbs. As BRIGHT as they come. Not a fan of the HID stuff and I don't want the crystal blue look either lol, just good ole fashioned bright WHITE light. Silvertstar come up the most in the searches, but there are several different part numbers and descriptions. These are the part numbers I found for the headlights: H13ST and H13XV. For the fog lights I found: 9006XV or 9006SU. Keep in mind my truck is an 2006 model, not sure if that makes a difference or not but the 04/05 lights are different. You guys speak of these "Ultras" and that they are bright, people flash their lights at you thinking you have them on highbeam, that's what I want. ;) I'm hoping they'll be bright as hell with my headlight covers off and "drivable" with them on at dusk/dawn. As it is now, the OEMs are "OK" but I know there is brighter, my fogs are tinted, looks cool with them off and during the day but at night, I'm paying the price a little. Thanks fellas!

Cheers,
Carl

BatramLegal1.jpg

After some more searching, what about PIAA? I have also seen a few comments about hot wire/connectors due to running higher rated watt bulbs than the OEM allowed for. In that case, these PIAAs in the link below look idea. 55W power with 110w output lol, not sure how that works but that seems too good to be true. Also, not sure if they will fit a 2006 Dodge Ram.

http://www.shopatron.com/products/productdetail/part_number=PIA15223/353.0

Carlwalski said:
people flash their lights at you thinking you have them on highbeam, that's what I want.

...then you want HIDs.

You don't have to get the blue-tint bulbs; HIDs are available in a wide range of color temperatures (everything from amber to purple; I've seen colored ones as well). For a white light, just get some HIDs in the 4000K-5000K range.

Carlwalski said:
What part numbers are you guys running? I'm looking for replacement bulbs. As BRIGHT as they come. Not a fan of the HID stuff and I don't want the crystal blue look either lol, just good ole fashioned bright WHITE light. Silvertstar come up the most in the searches, but there are several different part numbers and descriptions. These are the part numbers I found for the headlights: H13ST and H13XV. For the fog lights I found: 9006XV or 9006SU. Keep in mind my truck is an 2006 model, not sure if that makes a difference or not but the 04/05 lights are different. You guys speak of these "Ultras" and that they are bright, people flash their lights at you thinking you have them on highbeam, that's what I want. ;) I'm hoping they'll be bright as hell with my headlight covers off and "drivable" with them on at dusk/dawn. As it is now, the OEMs are "OK" but I know there is brighter, my fogs are tinted, looks cool with them off and during the day but at night, I'm paying the price a little. Thanks fellas!

Cheers,
Carl

BatramLegal1.jpg

my hids are bright white at night...
P1011047.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back