Heard some BS about Viper Car vs. Truck engine

Ram From Hell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if any of you can confirm or deny something I was told by an ATI tech (the harmonic balancer company).

According to this guy, a D/C engineer told him that they had modified the heads in such a fashion that they would not interchange between the car and truck engines. I believe it was a water passage that was different.

I told him I thought that this was nonsense, especially since there is no difference with the Striker heads based on car or truck application.

I'm calling BS on this guy. Anyone have proof otherwise?:D

Ram From Hell said:
Wondering if any of you can confirm or deny something I was told by an ATI tech (the harmonic balancer company).

According to this guy, a D/C engineer told him that they had modified the heads in such a fashion that they would not interchange between the car and truck engines. I believe it was a water passage that was different.

I told him I thought that this was nonsense, especially since there is no difference with the Striker heads based on car or truck application.

I'm calling BS on this guy. Anyone have proof otherwise?:D

Sorry Eric, I'm no help on this one.

I will however make a comment. Changes/differences cost money. Big money in limited run engines like these. I would be really surprised if there is a difference.

The other thing I was going to mention is I'm wondering if he is refering to the cast iron V10's in the standard RAMS? I can believe there is a difference there, in that you could not swap Viper (car or truck) heads on the cast iron engine.

I found out that there is a difference between the Single and the Quad cab's blocks. The quad cab block has more metal on it so the automotic trans can attach to it. Thsi was a shocker as I wanted to use an engine out of a reg cab...

CarDude said:
I found out that there is a difference between the Single and the Quad cab's blocks. The quad cab block has more metal on it so the automotic trans can attach to it. Thsi was a shocker as I wanted to use an engine out of a reg cab...

Didn't know that. That is good to know. Thanks for the info.

the cranks are differant between the trucks and the cars...that is the most I know (differance-wise) about the two.

Oil pans are different in the trucks because of the sway bar. That makes no difference in the shortblock however.

I know that the Viper car weighs alot less than the Viper truck.

Hope that helps...:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back