Heavy Racing Last Night

sinus19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some racing last night...

2013 5.0 Stang (Full Exhaust and Tune)- Beat me by 2 car lengths

2013 Camarro SS with Stage 2 GM upgrades (full exhaust, CAI) - Beat me by
2 1/2 Car lengths

Jeep SRT8 (Rematch) - Got me by Half car length from dig and I got him by 1 car length from a 25 Roll

2007 Cobalt SS with 25lb Boost- Got him half ways till he built up boost and left me for dead

2008 Challanger SRT8- Got him of the line but came out strong on the top end and got me by 1 1/2 car length

2004 GTO (Friendly race) Raced my buddy again for kicks and giggles and lost to him by one car length from a dig and roll

All races from digs and rolls were done in a marked 1/4 mile with GPS (+-5ft).... I was the slowest of the bunch :bawling::( I need NOS!..and a shifter oh and a clutch too lol

those 5.0's are no joke after a tune I've seen them go from 330hp to 390 to the wheels just on tune

Oh boy, I'll just keep reading this one...................................

Yes they do.. Camarro was LOUD and it sounded Nasty!
Yes unfortunately i have been getting beatin a lot lately :(
ive launching at 1800rpm with a small burnout prior for a warm up...should i work the clutch and see if i can get it up to 2400rpm without wheel spin? Anybody got any tips?

Last edited:
Yes they do.. Camarro was LOUD and it sounded Nasty!
Yes unfortunately i have been getting beatin a lot lately :(
ive launching at 1800rpm with a small burnout prior for a warm up...should i work the clutch and see if i can get it up to 2400rpm without wheel spin?

Are you on a stock clutch? If so I wouldn't be slipping it more trying to hook. What do you have done now?

My wife's 5.0 coyote made 408rwhp. Exhaust / CAI. / Jon Lund tune / 3:73 Gears

Last edited:
Are you on a stock clutch? If so I wouldn't be slipping it more trying to hook. What do you have done now?
Nothing besides K&N Drop in. OEM clutch and Catless. I do have a 6 puck clutch disk that i bought a while back but never put it in because it hardly has any meat on it and i dont want to be replacing it in less then 10k miles.

Last edited:
Nothing besides K&N Drop in. OEM clutch. I do have a 6 puck clutch disk that i bought a while back but never put it in because it hardly has any meat on it and i dont want to be replacing it in less then 10k miles.

If you can ditch the cats and get a tune it'll wake it up pretty well for you. And you can also remove the rubber vibration damper on the shifter handle and it'll improve the feel for you a bunch.

If you are on stock 22's, get some real rubber. Get some 16's with some good sidewall and some mickeys out back. It wont look good but it sure will hook.

Nothing wrong with losing. It's pretty boring racing stuff you know youll beat all the time.

Sinus19, what counts is are you having fun? If you are it doesn't matter. Every run you are learning more about your 10. Just keep having a good time, man.

If you can ditch the cats and get a tune it'll wake it up pretty well for you. And you can also remove the rubber vibration damper on the shifter handle and it'll improve the feel for you a bunch.
Hmm.. i shall remove the vibration damper and try it out! Oh yes i forgot to mention that i am catless :).. I could get a tune but im still on stock headers :(
If you are on stock 22's, get some real rubber. Get some 16's with some good sidewall and some mickeys out back. It wont look good but it sure will hook.

Nothing wrong with losing. It's pretty boring racing stuff you know youll beat all the time.

Yea i thought about improving traction but these guys pull hard on the top end and dont think i have enough juice to stay ahead? I know how to lose dont get me wrong but it sucks that 500 ponies aint enough to beat 300hp cars, yea power to weight and aerodynamics yadi yadi lol. i love my ten, it just needs more juice to get some decent wins :)

I think loosing is a big part of racing. I felt the same way when I lost to the gray SRT 4.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back