Helmet question

it really depends on what you're intentions are.... if you go to the webpage of the track you are going to, it should have the requirements needed for the speed you run.... you can always email the track for specifics on which helmet you find & if it's specs pass their requirements...
for me, only going 4 times a year doesn't justify a $200.00+ helmet, if a $60.00 like mine will do..... i can add a link to what i got if you're interested. :)

moparracing said:
it really depends on what you're intentions are.... if you go to the webpage of the track you are going to, it should have the requirements needed for the speed you run.... you can always email the track for specifics on which helmet you find & if it's specs pass their requirements...
for me, only going 4 times a year doesn't justify a $200.00+ helmet, if a $60.00 like mine will do..... i can add a link to what i got if you're interested. :)

Have to disagree. If you have to have a brain bucket...get the best and be sure it meets the most stringent requirements.

Helmets are safety items...a brain is a terrible thing to waste.

;)
Prof said:
Have to disagree. If you have to have a brain bucket...get the best and be sure it meets the most stringent requirements.

Helmets are safety items...a brain is a terrible thing to waste.
if that sa2005 & the extra cost makes you feel safer than more power to ya. ;)

the raceway i go to says m2005 is good enough, than that's good enough for me.:D

Last edited:
After reading the snell testing procedures the biggest thing that jumped out at me was that (SA2005) has a Flame Resistance Tests .

As for the track i have been using they only require a snell 95 rating to run and it would also appear that the m2005 rating exceeds most track requirements.

So i will still be safer at the track than i was and a hell of a lot safer than i am on the freeway. :rock:

Last edited:
OSO said:
After reading the snell testing procedures the biggest thing that jumped out at me was that (SA2005) has a Flame Resistance Tests .

As for the track i have been using they only require a snell 95 rating to run and it would also appear that the m2005 rating exceeds most track requirements.

So i will still be safer at the track than i was and a hell of a lot safer than i am on the freeway. :rock:
:D :rock: :burnout:

I think I'm just going to go get my head measured for a helmet tomorrow. I saw a couple brand new carbon fiber SA2005's for sale online way cheaper than cost.

Last edited:
i have two helmets but i dont see any rating on them ,,they have a DOT tag on back of both ,,were would i look to see rating ,,i have a german helmet bean protector that has a Big DOT stamp on it will this work

Ironhead said:
i have two helmets but i dont see any rating on them ,,they have a DOT tag on back of both ,,were would i look to see rating ,,i have a german helmet bean protector that has a Big DOT stamp on it will this work

They're not football helmets right? Cuzzz, :banghead:those might not be acceptable.

Venom Power said:
They're not football helmets right? Cuzzz, :banghead:those might not be acceptable.

got one of those ,i still got one i wore in high school playing fullback / tightend with lots of other helmet colors scraps on it from oppnets heads ,,im talking about two motorcycle helmets

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the label you need to have...it is on the inside rear of the certified helmet:

Picture517.jpg

ok i have a helmet that has a m2000 on it ,,good or no good

It is a motorcycle helmet and will not be approved at a sanctioned track.

Prof said:
Here is a picture of the label you need to have...it is on the inside rear of the certified helmet:

Picture517.jpg
You don't need that if your runnin 14 sec and do gimme that safety crap either because you would wear whenever you drive.;) :p :slug:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back