Help..! Backup Camera Project:

includemeout said:
If you mount it low enough you can pull off the voyerism you always wanted to:D :D :p ;)

It mounts above the license plate...........low enough for ya'..............?

D

Well, if some of the excess air from The Paxton was used to run an air ram, it could be raised and lowered to get the pics at just the right angle for your needs :eek: :eek::aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :party: :party: :joyman: :joyman: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

includemeout said:
Well, if some of the excess air from The Paxton was used to run an air ram, it could be raised and lowered to get the pics at just the right angle for your needs :eek: :eek::aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :party: :party: :joyman: :joyman: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ya got me baffold ....completely...........

I haven't had enough sleep to keep up..............

If Kathy Ireland came by to screw my brains out, I d have to tell her 2 things....

A) I'm happily married.:p
B) I don't have any brains......:eek: :dontknow:

I'm just presuming that there's nothing really wrong with the backup camera system I've chosen....

D

Django said:
Ya got me baffold ....completely...........

I haven't had enough sleep to keep up..............

If Kathy Ireland came by to screw my brains out, I d have to tell her 2 things....

A) I'm happily married.:p
B) I don't have any brains......:eek: :dontknow:

I'm just presuming that there's nothing really wrong with the backup camera system I've chosen....

D

Good camera , but.................................................................................................................................................

Then..........this would come next............................................:D

includemeout said:
Then..........this would come next............................................:D

Allow me to refer you to a good orthodontist in your area...........:(

D

includemeout said:
Hope it is not the one that fixed these :eek; :eek:

FIXED.........................................:dontknow:

I'm glad I didn't see them beforehand............:mad:

D

Django said:
FIXED.........................................:dontknow:

I'm glad I didn't see them beforehand............:mad:

D

These guys need help also:nurse: the pic was taken just after the backup camera malfunctioned :( :( :D ;)

includemeout said:
These guys need help also:nurse: the pic was taken just after the backup camera malfunctioned :( :( :D ;)

Don't laugh...........

Canine/feline and equine orthodonture is my next career..........

Can you say "BANK".............:rock:

D

Django said:
Don't laugh...........

Canine/feline and equine orthodonture is my next career..........

Can you say "BANK".............:rock:

D

See................El Docotory...............Es Banko:bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :adore: :adore: :aetsch: :aetsch: :D

Wifey said:
Where does the monitor mount?? on your Gen X Shifter :dontknow:

Looks like it would work, the price is right, but I know nothing about back up cameras.

I put it in.................. Same one from Ebay.... $155 + shipping and insurance.... Like $179 plus $125 to install.... Clean.....

Will post piks tomorrow.... Works and fits bitchen.....:rock:

D

Kevan said:
Where did you mount the (gigantic) monitor?

It's only 7 inches....

He took the whole centerpiece out of the dash and created a bracket that's mounted to the top of that center shelf. It comes straight out and angles down to make the monitor tilt up a bit just under the A/C controls.....

I think It looks fine... But when I post the piks tomorrow, Y'all can judge for yourselves.....

D

Last edited:
I have had a tow mount added to the rear of my truck and will install the backup camera in a removable frame that will slide in and out of the square hitch hole. Since I have a reverse sense in my DVD head unit, should be a pretty easy install. I just have to decide which hitch cover to butcher.

I have a visor monitor you can have if you pay the freight on it, I was just going to toss it.

Rick

Rick_R said:
I have had a tow mount added to the rear of my truck and will install the backup camera in a removable frame that will slide in and out of the square hitch hole. Since I have a reverse sense in my DVD head unit, should be a pretty easy install. I just have to decide which hitch cover to butcher.

I have a visor monitor you can have if you pay the freight on it, I was just going to toss it.

Rick

I did look at the visor cameras too. Most of them want you to replace your existing visor with some cheapass plastic POS. Couldn't do it....

I also shyed away from the clip over yer mirror variety.... Dunno why... Was probably hinky about the big bloody mirror for the Geritol set....

The install was very fkn clean..... The screen in particular.

I like this one just fine..... The color shifts a bit depending on the light conditions. Probably a function of glare and the lack of a high end camera. But it works great.....It has a nice, wide range of clear...Unless some little tyke is actually under the truck I can see them.

Piks as promised........ The screen looks like it's not centered.... Just the camera angle..... It's dead nuts....

BTW, there's at least 6 inches of clearance between the shifter knob and screen... Even in reverse gear...

D

Last edited:
Back