Help leaking oil

Devil Inside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i was looking at the service manual and cant seem to find what these hoses are for. they go right above the oil filter to a hub and seems to return. im guessing its a oil sennor of some type. im not sure though, i was trying to figure out if i can swap out these hoses myself or its something a dealership would have to do. does anyone know the name of these type of hoses so i can pick these up and do the swap. looks like it would be a easy swap to do.

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

arnt those the oilcooler lines ?
Tony at JTSVenom has update version of these lines.;)

I finished replacing mine about 10 minutes ago. The job will be much easier if you obtain lines that utilize the factory quick disconnect clips.

I finished replacing mine about 10 minutes ago. The job will be much easier if you obtain lines that utilize the factory quick disconnect clips.

no quality replacement lines come with the standard sub-standard P.O.S. quick connect factory ends:rock:

no quality replacement lines come with the standard sub-standard P.O.S. quick connect factory ends:rock:

Really? Then where did I get these?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    829.3 KB · Views: 84
Really? Then where did I get these?

not sure. can't make it out real good.

let my clarify, IMVHO the "factory quick connect" style suxs:rock:

The factory quick connects never leak, the crimps on the factory hoses do.

i had all 3. crimps leakin, quick connection leakin & blew a cooler hose:mad:

i had all 3. crimps leakin, quick connection leakin & blew a cooler hose:mad:
You blew a cooler hose in a system with 120 psi? You, my friend, had other issues.

Where did you get those?
Any local hose shop can make them for you and they are not expensive. Going non-stainless would be even cheaper and would be more than adequate.

You blew a cooler hose in a system with 120 psi? You, my friend, had other issues.

Any local hose shop can make them for you and they are not expensive. Going non-stainless would be even cheaper and would be more than adequate.

What was the cost about on those auto parts store ones?

What was the cost about on those auto parts store ones?

I paid $150ish, delivered to CO from the old coast. I'm guessing a local shop could do them for under $100. Andy gets my old lines next, so he'll be the one to answer that question.

I paid $150ish, delivered to CO from the old coast. I'm guessing a local shop could do them for under $100. Andy gets my old lines next, so he'll be the one to answer that question.

Mopar-or-no-car is next in line after that and I believe there was one more that was in line for them also.

I just replaced these on my truck this past weekend. Buy the upgraded hoses from Tony at JTS Venom Performance. The braided lines are much better and cost just a little more than factory replacements. Replaced them myself, it was pretty easy after pulling the RF wheel and inner fender well.

Attachments

• 2013-01-19 17.12.43.jpg
    2013-01-19 17.12.43.jpg
    971.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 2013-01-19 17.13.32.jpg
    2013-01-19 17.13.32.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
  • 2013-01-19 17.13.46.jpg
    2013-01-19 17.13.46.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • 2013-01-19 17.13.25.jpg
    2013-01-19 17.13.25.jpg