Help locating parts

Tekhaus

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am hoping someone here can help with this... I had a power steering hose fail and am trying to locate a replacement. Doesn't sound like a big deal, right? Well it failed 2 months ago. My truck has been at the dealer ever since. The part has been on backorder all that time with Mopar. Other dealers tell me there are 100+ backorders for this when they check with Chrysler.

Needless to say this really sucks.

P/N for the hose is 5290350AB.

I guess I could have one made, but the dealer says he'll void the warranty on the whole hydraulic system is I put a non-Mopar hose. (bastard).

Anyone have any good suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I'm not certain if the hoses are the same for a non SRT Ram or not. You may try calling junk-yards (nationally) and see if they have you need. . .

Good luck! Maybe Patrick "dragon" could do a seach and locate that part on a dealer's shelf . . .

I used to work a dealer and sometimes we would rob parts from a used unit until the backorder released - just to keep the customer in their car. Maybe you could suggest that. Call your area rep too. They're pretty good at getting things in motion.

Again, good luck!

Tekhaus said:
I am hoping someone here can help with this... I had a power steering hose fail and am trying to locate a replacement. Doesn't sound like a big deal, right? Well it failed 2 months ago. My truck has been at the dealer ever since. The part has been on backorder all that time with Mopar. Other dealers tell me there are 100+ backorders for this when they check with Chrysler.

I guess I could have one made, but the dealer says he'll void the warranty on the whole hydraulic system is I put a non-Mopar hose. (bastard).

Anyone have any good suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I will be at the dealership in an hour or so....I will check the number, and confirm availability.

I would use any hose that would work and tell the Dealership to go to hell. Talk to the Sales Manager there and tell him what the service dept. said.

FATJACK said:
I would use any hose that would work and tell the Dealership to go to hell. Talk to the Sales Manager there and tell him what the service dept. said.

Really, Some hyd hose co makes them for Dodge. I bet you could take the hose to a hvy equipment supply and they could duplicate the hose exactly, or even use higher grade components.:D

Pirtek hose should be able to make one, they are everywhere supercar is right just find a hyd hose shop, it is a common fitting for them.

Tekhaus said:
Other dealers tell me there are 100+ backorders for this when they check with Chrysler.

Well, in one regard thay are not full of BS..there are none of the hoses anywhere in the US......the dealership I was as said I would have one made, because the way things look....there may not be a replacement for some time. Not sure if they should be voiding your warranty:mad: for fixing something they can't, or are in no obvious hurry to tend to.
Not sure about the "100 backorders"...we did not check on that. If they had that many you would think they would have had them done over a two month period.:dontknow: Auto industry is a mess.

Good luck

These are infact on Back Order. however i think i have an extar one laying around...be back in 10

sorry but i do not have it laying around. i though i saved them but they got thrown away. i replaced all my hoses about 3 months ago and though i kept the old ones...sorry.

there is no release date on that hose. there is a total of 59 on order.

Everything from mopar is on backorder, We even had the 1090 oil filter on backorder. Mopar is up shit creek right now.:(

Sure hope they gave you a rental in the meantime.

Not looking good for our parts. I just talked to the dealler here, and they said it meets all the critiria far a discontinued part, but it doesn't have the "code" by it. I hope that doesn't meen the same for the rest of our trucks parts.:mad:

Send a pm to pirateman. He was parting out Woody's wreck ... Pay a little extra, Woody's widow could use the cash.

I would tell them you want to talk to the district manager. That will get their attention. Tell them you want a hose made locally to get your truck back on the road and they can put the factory "mopar" once it comes in........

Sometimes you have to raise hell to get service. You don't like their answer then ask their boss. Keep moving up the ladder you will get what you need.

What happened to the federal law that said automobile MFG's had to supply parts for all it's models for a minimum of ten years?:dontknow:

supercar1of1 said:

What happened to the federal law that said automobile MFG's had to supply parts for all it's models for a minimum of ten years?:dontknow:

There's no way parts for the SRT10 have been discontinued, some of them are still under factory warranty.

GADodgetech said:
There's no way parts for the SRT10 have been discontinued, some of them are still under factory warranty.

Yea, mine is. But it's scary that they have so many parts on back order.

supercar1of1 said:

Yea, mine is. But it's scary that they have so many parts on back order.

It really makes me wonder why alot of parts are on backorder. I mean almost everything that I need to fix a car is on backorder. I have no idea whats up:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back