help! my buddys gonna kill me

Is his motor forged? If not then put a 250 shot on yours and see who blews there motor up first:marchmellow: Because if you get goofy before you get a plan might as well stat looking for another motor. Let him do it, then when its your time stomp his ass:burnout: :burnout:

DevilDawg3097 said:
Is his motor forged? If not then put a 250 shot on yours and see who blews there motor up first:marchmellow: Because if you get goofy before you get a plan might as well stat looking for another motor. Let him do it, then when its your time stomp his ass:burnout: :burnout:

no his motor is not forged. thats some rly good advice though :)

lukedovichak said:
no his motor is not forged. thats some rly good advice though :)
no problemo, got keep each other from going nutz sometimes.:D I know your feeling, mine is between my cousin but now he is ducking me:marchmellow: 3 times we where suppose to go, but for him it is I am his younger cousin and hes been turning wrenches longer. Maybe true he just picked the wrong brand of vehicle:p :marchmellow:

If his motor still has the stock rods, it won't last long. That Kenny Bell will turn them to pretzels. :eek: That setup is the "doomsday" machine for the Lightnings, tho. There is nothing badder out there, unless he goes to some exotic turbo setup...... He'll be in the mid-10's until his motor huffs. :rock:

Motor will work if he keeps it conservative and does not get greedy. 4-6 lbs xtra and he will be fine. that should easily put him in the 450-550 hp range. now he will need to support that with: a tune, at least 60lb injectors, MAFia twin 255lb fuel pumps (over 500 rwhp) and did I mention the TUNE IS CRUCIAL at that hp level on stock parts, that with some slicks will easily put him in the mid to low 11's.

bclark05 said:
He might leave quicker but he will run out of steam and you will go right on by.

The real benefit of a twin screw S/C (KB or Whipple) on the Lightning is the improved efficiency, particularly in the upper RPMs. The power under the curve (how the power is made) produced by a twin screw is worlds better than the Eaton's power curve. Whereas the Eaton makes peak HP/torque then falls off drastically, the twin screws make peak HP/torque then almost completely flat line through the remaining RPMs.

With a mild DD pulley combination using the Whipple my DD tune makes about 50 RWHP more than I made with the Eaton. But in the upper RPMs its making a consistant 70 RWHP more and by 5,500 RPM its making 100 RWHP more than the Eaton.

Factor in the Lightnings lighter weight and the less rotational inertia of the smaller wheels and it get interesting.

mr. anderson said:
Motor will work if he keeps it conservative and does not get greedy. 4-6 lbs xtra and he will be fine. that should easily put him in the 450-550 hp range. now he will need to support that with: a tune, at least 60lb injectors, MAFia twin 255lb fuel pumps (over 500 rwhp) and did I mention the TUNE IS CRUCIAL at that hp level on stock parts, that with some slicks will easily put him in the mid to low 11's.

You know your Lightnings mr. anderson... I'm guessing you used to have one in your stables? I'm working on 11s myself but this requires actually going to the track. My best listed in my sig was at near full DD weight, no icing of the IC, questionable track prep and pre-line lock so traction even with the slicks was sketchy. I planned on going tonight but it fell through.

Last edited:
Throttle Jockey said:
... I'm guessing you used to have one in your stables? .

black 03 L, MP'ed on 17lb of boost(6lb lower). had: 60lb injectors MAFia, custom CAI, Predator(RWTD tuned) Kooks LT's, high flow cats, magnaflow catback, E-fan, 58" Rancho's, 2C FTVB ,all monitored by a dynojet wideband and a fuel pressure gauge. and all on stock internals.

ran a 12.78 @ 119 mph. traction limited. had I had slicks, would have been low, low 12's. but I digress......:vroam: :D

got bored with it,sold it for a jeep hated that, got the 10. couldn't be happier now that it's got boost also!

Yellow venom said:
Fight fire with fire!! Put a ROE on Luke! ;)

not really, the fact that the ROE is not intercooled I would say SEVERELY limits it output, 5 lbs of boost on a 3.3L twinscrew blower(that's not even coming close in tapping the power possiblities of this monster!). I think that's why they limit it to 5 lbs of boost. had this been unit had a intercooler like the lightning I would say HP would have been increased at least 30-50 hp. after that, increased boost could easily be pushed up to 14-16lbs, easily. this would require production of an aftermarket crank pulley. but it would work. this would required forged internals with this much boost but it would be SICK!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back