Help..Need a tuner...

Flip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed a Paxton on my truck. I am looking for someone to tune it for me. I have an SCT tuner. I live in Augusta, Ga and willing to travel 2 hours to have it dyno tuned. Any suggestions??????

pm Tony hes a vender here JTS performance he will hook you up with Torrie,great tuner.

viperhauler said:
lightning

fingers:D
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Brat said:
pm Tony hes a vender here JTS performance he will hook you up with Torrie,great tuner.

I already did that...Tony wasn't sure if a dyno will be available that weekend. I purchased a tune from Torrie but had bad results.....I'm not a fan of emailed tunes...too generic

I hope a dyno will be available so that I can let Torrie tune it in person.

first off the very best way to ever get a tune is to have it done on a dyno, period

mail order tunes are very generic, if you have ANY mods such as a blower or turbo , you can NEVER expect a tuner 600 miles away to ever be able to hit it spot on the first shot or within a couple shots, it takes time, and even then will not be perfect , but should be able to get close

But for a mildly tuned engine, a mail order tune is most of the time a great way to go, I know Torrie has made hundreds of my customers extremely happy, and not one has ever come to me and said one thing bad, that cannot be said about any other tuner I know of at the moment,

Torrie can , has , an will set up times to where if you are on a dyno, one can shoot the results of the dyno back and forth till the tune gets dialed in, but still even then its not even close to what one can get if the tuner is right there with the dyno

I have been thru alot of tuners, and NON have proven as reliable or as good as torrie or I wouldnt never reccomend him.

But I have to say one thing, because I am so dammed tired of hearing this:mad:

IF you are going to the expense of buying a $5000-$9000 supercharger or a $50,000 turbo system to install on an engine it may cost $20,000 to rebuild if something goes wrong
For petes sake be willing to drive to someone that is knowledgable on the engine that you are building, someone that has experience with them, put it on a dyno with them right there, make adjsutments right there!
If not you are taking your own chances,
but to me to spend that kind of money on forced induction, on and expensive engine, to take it to joe bobs dyno service and expect someone 1000 miles away to hit a spot on tune is rediculous, the tuner cannot see any problems that may arrise, or be able to help with anything that may pop up, an if you are takign your pride an joy to someone that does not work on viper engines normaly , well basically you get what you pay for

my moral is

dont be cheap
take it to someone that knows and has experience
dont piss off your tuner

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
first off the very best way to ever get a tune is to have it done on a dyno, period

mail order tunes are very generic, if you have ANY mods such as a blower or turbo , you can NEVER expect a tuner 600 miles away to ever be able to hit it spot on the first shot or within a couple shots, it takes time, and even then will not be perfect , but should be able to get close

But for a mildly tuned engine, a mail order tune is most of the time a great way to go, I know Torrie has made hundreds of my customers extremely happy, and not one has ever come to me and said one thing bad, that cannot be said about any other tuner I know of at the moment,

Torrie can , has , an will set up times to where if you are on a dyno, one can shoot the results of the dyno back and forth till the tune gets dialed in, but still even then its not even close to what one can get if the tuner is right there with the dyno

I have been thru alot of tuners, and NON have proven as reliable or as good as torrie or I wouldnt never reccomend him.

But I have to say one thing, because I am so dammed tired of hearing this:mad:

IF you are going to the expense of buying a $5000-$9000 supercharger or a $50,000 turbo system to install on an engine it may cost $20,000 to rebuild if something goes wrong
For petes sake be willing to drive to someone that is knowledgable on the engine that you are building, someone that has experience with them, put it on a dyno with them right there, make adjsutments right there!
If not you are taking your own chances,
but to me to spend that kind of money on forced induction, on and expensive engine, to take it to joe bobs dyno service and expect someone 1000 miles away to hit a spot on tune is rediculous, the tuner cannot see any problems that may arrise, or be able to help with anything that may pop up, an if you are takign your pride an joy to someone that does not work on viper engines normaly , well basically you get what you pay for

my moral is

dont be cheap
take it to someone that knows and has experience
dont piss off your tuner

I totally agree, which is why I am looking for an in person dyno tune. I have not had good results from internet tunes both NA and now blown. I am more than willing to drive to Valdosta to have it dyno tuned, however, if you are insinuating that this tuner is pissed with me then so be it. That's why I asked for suggestions.

I'm not bad mouthing the tuner, i just don't believe in emailed tunes...point blank....

Talk to Torrie and make the drive down to Jax or St Augustine.

Flip said:
if you are insinuating that this tuner is pissed with me then so be it. .

I don't think that is what he was insinuating at all. :dontknow:

No sir , wasnt you specifically or anything, I have had a number of folks lately doing builds, but do not want to take the time or spend the money to take it some where to have someone that is knowledgable on the vipers,

most folks want to drive 10 miles down the road to joes and have them tune it, or build the engine, those folks I cant understand, while we still have a "truck" it is a very specialized truck with a special need in tuning,

basicaly take it to somebody that knows what they are doing, I dont like getting calls from folks saying joe bob tuned there truck , now they need a set of pistons

That sounds like WISE words from someone who's "been around the track!"
I wish I could find a worthy tuner Paxton installer near Sacramento, CA.
The nearest I know is in Los Angeles, 8 hours away. : (

SpeedMaestro said:
That sounds like WISE words from someone who's "been around the track!"
I wish I could find a worthy tuner Paxton installer near Sacramento, CA.
The nearest I know is in Los Angeles, 8 hours away. : (
the best thing to do is do your homework, talk to a few tuners, see what all they have worked on,

and the question I allways asked, and even asked torrie is "how many have blown up while on your dyno?"

if the tuner is a confident one, he will have no problem answering that question;)

because an honest tuner will tell you how many, and why

I have no doubt Torrie is a very good tuner - but this board cracks me. you would think Torrie invented dyno tuning...

If you want someone close - Contact Injected Engineering in metro atlanta. There are dyno tuning my paxton blown SRT now...

http://www.injectedengineering.com/

UGR is in Charlotte but you'll pay top dollar for sure...Torries probably closer to you

Last edited:
Thanks for the contacts blown04, you took the words right out of my mouth...

Flip said:
I already did that...Tony wasn't sure if a dyno will be available that weekend. I purchased a tune from Torrie but had bad results.....I'm not a fan of emailed tunes...too generic

I hope a dyno will be available so that I can let Torrie tune it in person.
Make the drive to St. Augustine. Torrie has kept mine from blowing up and I dont baby it. I would say 590hp at the wheels and still running a very safe A/F (below 11:1), are very good numbers.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back