Help..Need a tuner...

blown04 said:
I have no doubt Torrie is a very good tuner - but this board cracks me. you would think Torrie invented dyno tuning...

If you want someone close - Contact Injected Engineering in metro atlanta. There are dyno tuning my paxton blown SRT now...

http://www.injectedengineering.com/

UGR is in Charlotte but you'll pay top dollar for sure...Torries probably closer to you
No sir, he didnt invent the dyno. But his customer service is second to none. Try to contact ur tuner on a Sunday and see when he gets back to you. I've asked Torrie a question at all kinds of weird hours and days, i dont think I've ever waited more than a half hour for a response. But you go ahead and have ur dude tune it. Good luck with it. :)

blown04 said:
I have no doubt Torrie is a very good tuner - but this board cracks me. you would think Torrie invented dyno tuning...

If you want someone close - Contact Injected Engineering in metro atlanta. There are dyno tuning my paxton blown SRT now...

UGR is in Charlotte but you'll pay top dollar for sure...Torries probably closer to you

you would think Torrie invented dyno tuning,.... NAH noone said that,... BUT Torrie Did develop the SCT program for the viper's - thats gotta count for something....

i will be doing a mail / e-mail / phone order tune for Torrie AGAIN for my 540 ci forced induction w/m - NOS fed srt10, and i have all the fath in the world in torrie and his abilities in tuning my truck without EVER seeing it !

and his customer service is the BEST around !

VIPER said:
you would think Torrie invented dyno tuning,.... NAH noone said that,... BUT Torrie Did develop the SCT program for the viper's - thats gotta count for something....

i will be doing a mail / e-mail / phone order tune for Torrie AGAIN for my 540 ci forced induction w/m - NOS fed srt10, and i have all the fath in the world in torrie and his abilities in tuning my truck without EVER seeing it !

and his customer service is the BEST around !
Torrie sent me a base Paxton tune, just so I could drive the truck, until it was dyno tuned. That tune was super safe. When we did the the first pull for the dyno tune, that email tune put down around 525hp.

viperhauler said:
what's that????:dontknow:

:D

FAITH <====

typo - come'on now it's was 9am, still on the 1st cup of coffee lmao

blown04 said:

see now that was uncalled for, dont know how many tuners you have been thru, but I know plenty, from coast to coast,
and not one of them is as easy to get along with as he is, if fact griffsrt had a problem with his on a holiday weekend, sunday to be exact , big problems, he called me, we called all over, no answers, I gave torrie a shout, he went home, wrote Mark a tune on a sunday, got him going

go to atlanta have them take time from there holiday on a sunday and write you a tune, I got bets you will not get an answer.

oh and dont think you will get in at ugr for months, that right there is jsut funny

SANTEEN said:
Torrie sent me a base Paxton tune, just so I could drive the truck, until it was dyno tuned. That tune was super safe. When we did the the first pull for the dyno tune, that email tune put down around 525hp.

That's why I'm puzzled....the first tune he sent was so rich that the truck wouldn't idle.....the second tune starts to lean out at around 3000 @ ~2psi.....Needless to say I gave up after that...frustrated is putting it mildly...

Flip said:
That's why I'm puzzled....the first tune he sent was so rich that the truck wouldn't idle.....the second tune starts to lean out at around 3000 @ ~2psi.....Needless to say I gave up after that...frustrated is putting it mildly...
U and I have very similar set ups. His base tune kept me super rich all the way through WOT. What's ur fuel pressure readings under full boost?

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
see now that was uncalled for, dont know how many tuners you have been thru, but I know plenty, from coast to coast,
and not one of them is as easy to get along with as he is, if fact griffsrt had a problem with his on a holiday weekend, sunday to be exact , big problems, he called me, we called all over, no answers, I gave torrie a shout, he went home, wrote Mark a tune on a sunday, got him going

go to atlanta have them take time from there holiday on a sunday and write you a tune, I got bets you will not get an answer.

oh and dont think you will get in at ugr for months, that right there is jsut funny
Tony? How many motors have popped with one of Torrie's tunes?

i would not let torrie or any other tuner touch my truck.....because i choose to stick with the person that originally did it . some may like him some may not but he tuned the fastest most powerful 10 n the planet not many have those credentials

505'sFastestViper. said:
i would not let torrie or any other tuner touch my truck.....because i choose to stick with the person that originally did it . some may like him some may not but he tuned the fastest most powerful 10 n the planet not many have those credentials
So you're not saying that Torrie is a bad tuner? You're just comfortable with your tuner and he's the only one that would touch your truck? If that's correct, then that's cool. I feel the same way about Torrie. :)

SANTEEN said:
So you're not saying that Torrie is a bad tuner? You're just comfortable with your tuner and he's the only one that would touch your truck? If that's correct, then that's cool. I feel the same way about Torrie. :)
I feel the same way about the guy who tuned my truck.

SANTEEN said:
that is exactly what i am sayin!!!!!;)

505'sFastestViper. said:
that is exactly what i am sayin!!!!!;)
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

SANTEEN said:
No sir, he didnt invent the dyno. But his customer service is second to none. Try to contact ur tuner on a Sunday and see when he gets back to you. I've asked Torrie a question at all kinds of weird hours and days, i dont think I've ever waited more than a half hour for a response. But you go ahead and have ur dude tune it. Good luck with it. :)

Aint that the truth. I was the first here to have a tune done by Torrie. Actually found him as a vendor on another forum. I had contacted I dont know how many tuners and usually no reply or I would have to come to their shop 1,000+ miles away.

I sent Torrie an email on a Sunday night and was shocked to get a reply in minutes. He came to my local dyno about 600 miles from his home.

Regarding the "bad" tune Flip said he received. When you are using generic tunes they usually work well but you always have that truck that is just different from the rest. You are not the first to get a tune from Torrie that had problems. The good thing about Torrie is he will work with you to get it going. He may have to send you a doz tunes to dial it in so patience is important......but as Tony pointed out nothing beats having the tuner sitting in the truck while on the rollers..

I dont know when the guy takes time off. I have been in touch with him today by email. I will be testing some tunes for him later today.

Flip said:
I just installed a Paxton on my truck. I am looking for someone to tune it for me. I have an SCT tuner. I live in Augusta, Ga and willing to travel 2 hours to have it dyno tuned. Any suggestions??????

I have no direct experience with Torrie but people that have, are happy with the results.

I have Chris at DC Performance in Los Angeles do all of my tuning, via email. His very first tune was bang on when I tried it at the dyno.
Chris is also willing to travel to assist with tuning chores.

And, they sell Paxtons at DC..

Ronnie

Last edited:
All this makes me very glad I live only 20 miles away from DC performance...they know what they are doing hands down...only thing about them is they are a little pricey...but like it's already been said I'd rather pay them the extra $$$ then go to a regular mechanic to touch my engine. Never had/heard any complaints about DC

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back