HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Poclitar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey i don't really post on here ever but im always reading your guys posts its a good place for info. So i have a 2004 rc and lately the red security light on the dash has been coming on and disabling the truck, anyone know the reason or the cause of this? Also has anyone ones steering wheel controls acted up for there stereo? i press to increase the volume and it either doesnt increase or it goes all the way to max by it self? Thanks

Hey i don't really post on here ever but im always reading your guys posts its a good place for info. So i have a 2004 rc and lately the red security light on the dash has been coming on and disabling the truck, anyone know the reason or the cause of this? Also has anyone ones steering wheel controls acted up for there stereo? i press to increase the volume and it either doesnt increase or it goes all the way to max by it self? Thanks

Either your sentry key issue or fuse likely.

Don't know if our trucks have them but I had to replace the clockspring in my Lincoln for doing the same thing. Cruise quit working, radio adjustments acted weird and a few other thing I can't remember. Like I say I don't know if the truck has this but sounds like the same deal. It is a oval electrical device that allows the wiring to be turned in a circular movement and controls the airbag. Hope this helps.

Either your sentry key issue or fuse likely.

i am able to reset it by disconnecting the negative cable on the battery. If it was a fuse it wouldnt reset right? Should i get my keys reprogrammed to my truck at dodge?

If it has an air bag it has a clock spring. Any one remember the steering wheel horn contact screeching when you turn the wheel? Them were the days. $.02 of lube fixed the problem

i am able to reset it by disconnecting the negative cable on the battery. If it was a fuse it wouldnt reset right? Should i get my keys reprogrammed to my truck at dodge?

So you disconnect negative, reconnect and it starts everytime?

The switch is bad on the steering wheel. Easy fix and about 20 bucks.
Sounds like you may have a key going bad. Do you have another key?

If it has an air bag it has a clock spring. Any one remember the steering wheel horn contact screeching when you turn the wheel? Them were the days. $.02 of lube fixed the problem

This currently happens to my truck, well kinda...all I have to do is put a little pressure on the steering wheel and it starts honking! I've had the horn disconnected for a few years now!

The switch is bad on the steering wheel. Easy fix and about 20 bucks.
Sounds like you may have a key going bad. Do you have another key?

The steering wheel controls for the stereo are bad then? I have two keys tryed them both same thing

The steering wheel controls for the stereo are bad then? I have two keys tryed them both same thing

I had to replace switches in 2 trucks previously myself and numerous others at the dealer. I would say it is pretty common. If both keys are doing the same thing it is unlikely the key is the problem. I can't remember if there is a wireless control module in our trucks, I think Chrysler moved to them later on. It might still be a SKREEM module and that sounds like the culprit.

yes...sounds like the switch is bad.

if you tried 2 different keys, then it is possible the SKIM module is bad.

I had to replace switches in 2 trucks previously myself and numerous others at the dealer. I would say it is pretty common. If both keys are doing the same thing it is unlikely the key is the problem. I can't remember if there is a wireless control module in our trucks, I think Chrysler moved to them later on. It might still be a SKREEM module and that sounds like the culprit.

Im going to get the skreem module changed out by the sounds of it thats the problem. Thanks everyone for the info and help!

Do you have any other keys on your key rings that also have chips in them?

If yes, they can confuse the Skim Module.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back