HELP!!! Next Mod to save up for…?

The Itch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK! I’ve installed the CAI, Catch can, 172* thermostat, SCT programmer for 93 octane, JMB Catless Mid pipes are on the way (Christmas present):rock: , and I have modified the baffle on the intake side.
SUC50235.JPGSUC50236.JPGSUC50237.JPG
Now I need information about lowering.
  • The pros and cons.
  • The cost$ and options.
I’m not going to be going to the track so keep that in mind.

Feel free to hit me with the NOOB jokes.
Let the air out of the tires or start dating fat chicks etc…:D :rock: :D :rock:

P.S. anyone with experience installing the JMB catless midpipes please chime in. Justin said getting the STOCK mids out is the PIA..?

If your gonna be showing off the engine bay. You gotta cover the top of that nasty looking radiator. You'll have to contact Justin again for this:
IMG_2653.JPG IMG_2654.JPG
He also makes a matching fuse box cover.
I think the best resource for lowering a QC is Busted Up Boomer.

If you going to date fat chicks then you better save some more money and buy a SC. If not youll be fine have fun keep moding:rock:

The Itch said:
Let the air out of the tires or start dating fat chicks etc…:D :rock: :D :rock:

:needpics:

:D :D :D

The Itch said:
P.S. anyone with experience installing the JMB catless midpipes please chime in. Justin said getting the STOCK mids out is the PIA..?

Soaking the slip fit joints with PB Blaster will make the process much easier. Work from the back forward. Have fun with the tabbed nuts on the stock exhaust manifolds.

Last edited:
Make sure you disconnect the battery when you are taking out the driver's side manifold bolts. If your wrench slips it hits the starter causing a direct short. Be very carefull of this.

SUC50246.JPGSUC50248.JPGSUC50253.JPGSUC50257.JPG

I’d like to thank you guys for the info. I wouldn’t have thought to disconnect the battery.:top:
I'll look into some PB Blaster

OK. I have attached some pics. If any of these views JOG any painful memories please bestow your advice upon me. :adore:
There is always the “Midget Penguin Surpriseâ€￾ when I do something like this the first time and then everyone says “Oh yea! That happened to me too…â€￾:banghead: :thefinger: :motz:
Robert

The Itch said:
View attachment 20914View attachment 20915View attachment 20916View attachment 20917

I’d like to thank you guys for the info. I wouldn’t have thought to disconnect the battery.:top:
I'll look into some PB Blaster

OK. I have attached some pics. If any of these views JOG any painful memories please bestow your advice upon me. :adore:
There is always the “Midget Penguin Surpriseâ€￾ when I do something like this the first time and then everyone says “Oh yea! That happened to me too…â€￾:banghead: :thefinger: :motz:
Robert
I remember that view as if it was yesterday.....

Passenger side mid pipe to manifold.

Two of the tabs broke off and the bolts became a nightmare to remove, especially considering the tight space to work with. Some vise grips and cursing eventually won over though.

Liquid wrench, the proper tools, and patience. My roomate and I did the entire exhaust from headers back in about 6 hours, the worst part was removing the old rusty exhaust which didn't want to come apart at the slip fittings.

There are several very reputable people telling me that an air suspension system will be available in the next month or two for 04-05 SRT_10's.

I would wait and check that out before buying any lowering kit.

The cons ..............it will sometimes be difficult going into certain driveways/entrances with a lowered truck.You have to drive more carefully

The pros.............handles better,looks waaaaaaaaaay better,easier to get into,might ride a little better.

VISE GRIPS A MUST don't even try it without gettin in there and clamping on those vise grips to those top nuts those clamp things they have on them won't hold clamp those vise grips on very tight then no problem.Impact air wrench was very helpfull some just broke off,some came off.I would be intrested in your mids when you get them off let me know,PM me

Last edited:
i had a problem with the o2 simulators. At startup got CEL, and, blown fuse ( i can't remember which one). Turned out a pair of wires on the sims needed to switched. Oh yes, and, hot exhaust makes nice burns on white boy flesh.

milkmanedi said:
i had a problem with the o2 simulators. At startup got CEL, and, blown fuse ( i can't remember which one). Turned out a pair of wires on the sims needed to switched. Oh yes, and, hot exhaust makes nice burns on white boy flesh.

Several of us had that problem.Resolved with several phone calls to BOOMER.Great guy to help out.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back