Help Please!

dizzle81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I remote start my truck as I'm walking out the door and when I get to it its pouring fluid at an alarming rate. Turn it off and pop the hood and the radiator pipe on the driver side is off and most of my coolant is gone. I panic And call Justin and he explains how to bleed the system and I should be good to go. "THANKS JUSTIN". Heres my problem. besides being a total noob and not knowing how to fix this. Is there a bigger problem that could have caused this in the first place. Is this normal? I havent done anything except install JMB CAI and oil catch. And regular oil changes which the dealer does. Can I get all the air out with the coolant and the min line? So I can drive to get more?
Thx ahead of time for any help guys.

Did the coolant pipe pop off where the radiator is or what it on the water pump? What kind of clamps are you using?

As Justin stated - flush your radiator fluid and you should be fine. When you flush it tell us what color radiator fluid is coming out. If it's still green you're good.... if it's brown looking, almost rusty, then you're in trouble. It gonna take a while to get that rust out of your radiator and heads.

Yea the hose came off at the radiator. And the fluid was definatly rust colored. Although im pretty sure its always been kinda pink in the resivoir. So how did I get air in there in the first place?

Well after waiting for the engine to cool I went to check things out and the remaining coolant was gone. Found the leak coming from a decent sized crack on the bottom of the radiator. Just watched her leave on the tow truck for the dodge dealer.

This is a good reminder to all...preventative maintenance is necessary...this may have been a radiator problem...but lack of attention to routine inspection and tightening is a terrible waste of time and money.

By the way I just had a radiator cap fail...what a mess that can cause...get a new one from time to time...if the spring gets weak...your beautiful engine compartment can become a mess in a few seconds.

$13 bucks at the dealer!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back