help please

shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the following mods done to my 10 and the only problem or concern is my cruise control. Set at any speed the truck seems to pulse. By that I mean it is like pressing the gas and then letting off---repeatedly. Spoke with VENOMOUS1 and nothing he did should affect the cruise control. See anything below that could contribute to the problem? Any suggestions of solutions would be greatly appreciated. :dontknow:

Belanger headers, 3â€￾ aluminized pipe w/VX series mufflers, Venomous UD pulley, K&N FIPK Cold Air Kit, Roe Racing Throttle Body, MSD plug wires, Venomous Racing 2400 torque converter, HTS Valve Body and shift kit, SCT tuned by Chris Jensen and Venomous Racing.

Since the throttle body is new. Could it be sticking a little?

Had the following mods done to my 10 and the only problem or concern is my cruise control. Set at any speed the truck seems to pulse. By that I mean it is like pressing the gas and then letting off---repeatedly. Spoke with VENOMOUS1 and nothing he did should affect the cruise control. See anything below that could contribute to the problem? Any suggestions of solutions would be greatly appreciated. :dontknow:

Belanger headers, 3â€￾ aluminized pipe w/VX series mufflers, Venomous UD pulley, K&N FIPK Cold Air Kit, Roe Racing Throttle Body, MSD plug wires, Venomous Racing 2400 torque converter, HTS Valve Body and shift kit, SCT tuned by Chris Jensen and Venomous Racing.

Its more then likely the tune,since I have had my sct tune my truck does the same thing.

When I remember my truck surging like you describe it happened to be the Roe TB but it happened with or without the cruise control on. DC Performance replaced the idle speed motor and it fixed the problem. Not sure if this is part of your problem or not?

I agree with Brad; it is most likely the TB or the IAC valve.

Ok, I'm game. assuming it is the TB what can be done? a different tune? different TB? or will I just have to live with it. very irritating but everything else is spot on and I coun't be happier so if there is nothing to do about it then I can live with it. just go a little faster so as not to have to put up with it as long a time.

Nothing wrong with throttle body or sticking. I could agree on the idle air motor. Lets get the final tune minus rear cats in there and see how she does.

Change the tune back to stock and try it?? Or take the TB out and put the stock one back in and try it, then you will know where the problem is when it clears up., that's what I would do, eliminate the issues till you find it.

Sounds like the sensor in the top of the differential needs to be replaced.

Does it do it at steady speeds without the cruise? If it does not rep;lace the sensor.

Sounds like the sensor in the top of the differential needs to be replaced.

Does it do it at steady speeds without the cruise? If it does not rep;lace the sensor.

Seems to be cruise only. I rode for an hour and half and barely noticed it a couple times. He does ride 45 series tires as well so didn't know if that could affect it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back