HELP solve a problem......

srtmaniac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the sct i had listed for sale a couple of weeks ago that i stated was vin locked,make offer. sold to a member on here for $175 shipped.i think everyone came to the conclusion it would probably have to go back to sct for $150.right or wrong????well thats whats gonna have to happen and he wants some money back.do i owe him the $$$$???if i do thats fine.i wouldnt cheat someone for nothin.if it was clear about the tuner than i would like to confirm that and he will just have to bite the bullet.PLEASE lets keep this civil.seems like a good guy.we just dont agree

if you clearly stated it was locked, and it was bought with that impression, then i would say it's the buyer's responsibility to find out how much that would cost before purchase....

at least...that's what i would do...

post is a couple weeks old...i pulled it up and double checked it.easy to find

it says exactly this ....sct for sale three tunes vin locked make offer

to be fair,he is saying it was never returned to stock......but it was....whether it took or not or maybe done something goofy i just dont know.

I think he misunderstood you. Vin locked meaning it doesent matter if the stock tune is back to normal the Vin # to that truck is locked that is why it wont take. Imo that is still a fair deal when you look at the cost of a new one.
So it is up to you on how to make it right I guess.

they are $600 on sale ($100) off from dan at DCperf....with 3 tunes...

so...you do the math...it's not like they "go bad"...so if you can unlock and tune for say...$300....then $175 for the tuner...it's still a good deal...IMO

viperhauler said:
they are $600 on sale ($100) off from dan at DCperf....with 3 tunes...

so...you do the math...it's not like they "go bad"...so if you can unlock and tune for say...$300....then $175 for the tuner...it's still a good deal...IMO
The tunes are actually still good if he has close to the same mods. Just cant use em:argh: till the vin is changed.

Don't want to hijack the thread but it would be me. It seems to be misunderstanding and from your thread and the post it seemed as if vin locked meaning all 3 vin slots were used. Which would be the reason for the email to you asking how many vehicles it was used on, and to het a better understanding since you said you weren't too familiar with these computers. I tried helping another member out and didn't expect this to happen. I'm really not trying to screw you over in anyway, it's just not my character. I think it was a misunderstanding. I'll let this thread be and await your reply. I replied to your email by the way.
Also I already spent $200 getting tunes from torrie for my mods and future mod plans.

Last edited:
just curious...what does it say when you try to program your truck roger?

There may be some misunderstanding - the DCX SCT's don't have 3 VIN slots that I'm aware of. They can store 3 tunes - stock, plus two customs. I know the original tuner that did my SCT needed my VIN. :dontknow:

kickinassrt-10 said:
Don't want to hijack the thread but it would be me. It seems to be misunderstanding and from your thread and the post it seemed as if vin locked meaning all 3 vin slots were used. Which would be the reason for the email to you asking how many vehicles it was used on, and to het a better understanding since you said you weren't too familiar with these computers. I tried helping another member out and didn't expect this to happen. I'm really not trying to screw you over in anyway, it's just not my character. I think it was a misunderstanding. I'll let this thread be and await your reply. I replied to your email by the way.

srtmaniac said:
just curious...what does it say when you try to program your truck roger?
It says....wrong vehicle, press select to return to stock... Which is why I was thought that it never got returned to stock correctly. I even spoke with torrie my tuner, he had me go in settings and see if it said stock or aftermarket....it was aftermarket and he said that it couldn't have been returned to stock if it says that.

Harold- Sct xcal has 3 vin slots and 3 tune slots!

you know..ive got burnt before(really burnt)and its not a good feeling but with all things put aside for the moment,is $325 for a sct fixed for your truck(in all aspects new)to much ???just wondering whats the feeling on that

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back