Help Surging Cruise Control

RMoore

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with surging Cruise control after putting a Roe SC on. I love the SC but cant seem to find the Surging problem have adjusted everything and reset the PCM. Runs about 19HG Vac at the Servo control.
Thanks

Not sure if it is Roe related. Mine will surge sometimes too. I know of another member that has happened to him also. For me I just love turning on the cruise control switch to feel that instant surge of power:burnout: But it does get bothersome on road trips.

What do you mean by "surge"?

If you mean you can feel it accelerate a little every few seconds??? then ya it drives me freakin nuts

LoveThisTruck said:
What do you mean by "surge"?

If you mean you can feel it accelerate a little every few seconds??? then ya it drives me freakin nuts
That is the surge I get with mine too.

it surges, mine has done it since i installed it. i get better fuel economy with it off. its not as bad on flat ground but in rolling hills it tends to surge i assume b/c it goes from vacuum to boost so quick.

eddie102870 said:
it surges, mine has done it since i installed it. i get better fuel economy with it off. its not as bad on flat ground but in rolling hills it tends to surge i assume b/c it goes from vacuum to boost so quick.

I believe you are right

I thought I was the only one with this problem!

Mine does it and It drives me nuts to the point where I don't use it! I thought it may have been from putting in the 4:88's making the acceleration a little more pronounced. I guess I am not alone here!!

Marc T said:
I thought I was the only one with this problem!

Mine does it and It drives me nuts to the point where I don't use it! I thought it may have been from putting in the 4:88's making the acceleration a little more pronounced. I guess I am not alone here!!

Ya, I'm relieved as well LOL:marchmellow:

with any serious modding we are gonna give up some drivability. nature of the beast i guess.

I have the same problem after installing my Roe also. What I assumed is the vacuum to boost swings are the problem. I was concerned though there might be some sort of a vacuum leak but with others having the same experience I'm just going to assume the change is my new norm.. The slower I'm going with the cruise set the worse I feel the surging. At highway speeds it isn't noticeable.

oldguy

I don't have a ROE setup so I'm grasping at straws here. If your pulling vacuum right from the manifold that may cause the problem. Maybe you can find another place to pull vacuum. If our trucks have a vacuum canister, that may be a start. Or install a vacuum check valve in-line so that the cruise module never see's pressure, just vacuum. I would think that the cruise module would need to be downstream of a check valve no matter where on the vacuum system it's connected. Just some thoughts.

Sean can dial that out with the SCT Tuner he sells.

I have this problem and I dont have roe... I just figured the speed sensor is dirty

The top of the diff. (yea I spelled it as far as I could and put a .). The only reason I say this is that my hemi did the same the and i cleaned it and it was good after that. I'll try this weekend on the 10 and see if it fixes it.

BigRed460 said:
The top of the diff. (yea I spelled it as far as I could and put a .). The only reason I say this is that my hemi did the same the and i cleaned it and it was good after that. I'll try this weekend on the 10 and see if it fixes it.

Surging on mine showed up first time on first drive after installing the Roe. I expect it's not coincidence. I hope cleaning the sensor fixes yours though.

oldguy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back