Help?

BlackoutViper

Reaction score
So I was driving down the interstate last friday and my motor exploded. Shop says it's a complete loss and will cost roughly $12000 to get her running again. Anyone think they can beat that price? or have any reccomendations as to what to do with the thing?

I love the truck but it's given me nothing but problems since I bought it... how much do you guys think a motor-less SRT10 would be worth?

Honestly any ideas would be great

Find an engine on craigslist. I wouldn't expect a shell to be worth much.

What damage was done? Any mods done to the engine? How many miles?

5,000 may be more I see one like this before and he solid it for 8,000 but not sure
Just look around for a motor like on eBay they some times have them for like 5,000 or 6,000

Last edited:
No way I would pay 8 when there has been running trucks sold for as low as 12k

So I was driving down the interstate last friday and my motor exploded. Shop says it's a complete loss and will cost roughly $12000 to get her running again. Anyone think they can beat that price? or have any reccomendations as to what to do with the thing?

I love the truck but it's given me nothing but problems since I bought it... how much do you guys think a motor-less SRT10 would be worth?

Honestly any ideas would be great

is there a hole in the block? if not its salvagable, but I wouldnt take less than 10k on an engineless 10

damage = threw a rod and annihilated some pistons. There was a large hole in the oil pan the motor is a complete loss.

Truck itself = 59k miles on it and around November 2010 the clutch and slave cylinder were replaced with OEM parts. So every imaginable component is in perfect working condition - just not the motor.

Thanks for the quick replies guys this has my hopes up - I was thinking I'd get only a couple thousand

Last edited:
Why do you say the engine is a complete loss if the hole is in the oil pan? :dontknow:
Is the block itself damaged?

damage = threw a rod and annihilated some pistons. There was a large hole in the oil pan the motor is a complete loss.

Truck itself = 59k miles on it and around November 2010 the clutch and slave cylinder were replaced with OEM parts. So every imaginable component is in perfect working condition - just not the motor.

Thanks for the quick replies guys this has my hopes up - I was thinking I'd get only a couple thousand

if you think the engine is a complete loss, and there is no hole in the block itself, ship it to me, I will pay shipping

but i can do you a complete oem new short block, 12/12 warranty on the block new, dodge engine pull an replace for around $11,000

Why do you say the engine is a complete loss if the hole is in the oil pan? :dontknow:
Is the block itself damaged?

I'm going off what the guy told me I dont know what constitutes a complete loss for engines. I figure since some major parts inside the engine are broken that it makes sense. I can't imagine it'd be worth anything but I'm sure nothing punctured the block seeing as it had so much escape room (the hole in the pan was huge I did see that part)

You should be able to find a salvage engine for around 3500.00 ready to bolt in. You are in the Orlando, Fl. area aren't you?

yes I am in the orlando area but where would I find a bolt on replacement motor for $3500? if you know of any I'm all ears man. At this point though I'm leaning towards parting it out completely unless I get a decent offer for the whole thing.

I figure with all the pumps and everything still working and the upper portion of the motor + the transmission selling it separately may be a very reasonable option... but I dont know what to do yet because I'm still just depressed my baby blew up :(

yea dude wait and find a used motor for sale on craigslist....there has been several really good deals poted in other areas over the past 5 months.....just be patient!

Please don't say it was stock.. please don't say it was stock...

Awww @#!$%*

:afraid:

google vipers by elite it is in riverview florida. He does nothing but vipers but give him a call he might have something laying around.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back