Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

artwil1wb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. From Mississippi. I have a 2005 Quad Cab Yellow Fever Edition Hennessey Venom 800 Twin Turbo. It is suppose to put out 800hp! I've had it for appr. 4 months. This was a $42,000 upgrade when new. No interior Badge. Can't identify if truck is real. Don't know how to contact Hennessey. Needs lots of work. Know nothing about turbos. Truck has several issues, but,.....DA**, IT SCREAMS!!! Someone, PLEASE HELP!!!!

With the last eight of the VIN I can tell you if its a Yellow Fever

I have heard nothing but crap for Hennessy builds why is that? You would think with the name and the outrageous price tag it would top of the line. Is it the system or the turbos?

I hope it's not the same one I saw posted on eBay not long ago. I feel sorry for whoever it is that bought that one.

What work is needed and why do you think Hennessey should jack with it again? Dyno it now and see what it REALLY PUTS DOWN first. ;)
Pics?

What work is needed and why do you think Hennessey should jack with it again? Dyno it now and see what it REALLY PUTS DOWN first. ;)
Pics?

Once again, sound advice from the "doctor"...
You have a guy with motor concerns and you suggest a good redline session on a dyno???? This is exactly why you are regarded as a hack!

Take the truck to a REAL viper tech and have him give it a good once over to address the issues and concerns before you go any further.

Last edited:
Once again, sound advice from the "doctor"...
You have a guy with motor concerns and you suggest a good redline session on a dyno???? This is exactly why you are regarded as a hack!

Take the truck to a REAL viper tech and have him give it a good once over to address the issues and concerns before you go any further.

That's some good advice. I would NOT dyno anything with engine issues, and if Hennessy installed the upgrade, who better to service it. They know their own products.

Hi everyone. From Mississippi. I have a 2005 Quad Cab Yellow Fever Edition Hennessey Venom 800 Twin Turbo. It is suppose to put out 800hp! I've had it for appr. 4 months. This was a $42,000 upgrade when new. No interior Badge. Can't identify if truck is real. Don't know how to contact Hennessey. Needs lots of work. Know nothing about turbos. Truck has several issues, but,.....DA**, IT SCREAMS!!! Someone, PLEASE HELP!!!!

OP says the truck needs work but that it screams, sounds like the motor is fine but the truck has other issues. he's just trying to verify that it is a hennessy build ( probably should of done that before buying it for a premium)

OP says the truck needs work but that it screams, sounds like the motor is fine but the truck has other issues. he's just trying to verify that it is a hennessy build ( probably should of done that before buying it for a premium)

Anything that turns on and "drives" will scream with a loud exhaust. Doesn't mean it's in dyno conditions. Obviously if he realizes it needs a lot of work, that should probably take priority over spending money to see what numbers you get then have to tow it back home cuz something major failed.

Well shit, redline that bad boy... What's the worst that can happen...

Well, this guy will never be back

Anything that turns on and "drives" will scream with a loud exhaust. Doesn't mean it's in dyno conditions. Obviously if he realizes it needs a lot of work, that should probably take priority over spending money to see what numbers you get then have to tow it back home cuz something major failed.

he absolutely NEVER said something was wrong with the motor. when i bought my truck it had problems as far as i was concerned but not one of them had to do with the motor

loud exhaust doesn't make a truck scream, running it through its paces does, you can't do that if the motor is hurting.

any vehicle can go on a dyno, nitro funny car or hyundai with a leaf blower glued to the intake. if he's trying to see if the seller was truthful then the dyno or documentation from hennessy is the only way

being on a dyno doesn't put anymore stress on a motor than you can do on a highway on ramp (or a traffic light for that matter), dynos aren't special other than having a way to measure that power

he absolutely NEVER said something was wrong with the motor. when i bought my truck it had problems as far as i was concerned but not one of them had to do with the motor

loud exhaust doesn't make a truck scream, running it through its paces does, you can't do that if the motor is hurting.

any vehicle can go on a dyno, nitro funny car or hyundai with a leaf blower glued to the intake. if he's trying to see if the seller was truthful then the dyno or documentation from hennessy is the only way

being on a dyno doesn't put anymore stress on a motor than you can do on a highway on ramp (or a traffic light for that matter), dynos aren't special other than having a way to measure that power

If you would be willing to test something out that needs work whatever it may be on the street like you would on a dyno, be my guest. But ask yourself in all good reasoning, why would you do that? Knowingly that it's not at optimum condition to be worth dynoing and that you may have a possible expensive issue in hand? At this point would it matter if the truck isn't what they said it was? What is he gonna do? Go return it? No. But he can do the best research possible to get answers and pay mind to the fact it needs work.

If he's romping it on the street and says it runs damned good, where does that itself imply engine problems or a trip for a pull on a dyno to ensure A/F ratio is correct would make his engine worse ? Did he say it was sputtering, popping, backfiring? Did he say low on power? Where do we say he has engine problems??

If you would be willing to test something out that needs work whatever it may be on the street like you would on a dyno, be my guest. But ask yourself in all good reasoning, why would you do that? Knowingly that it's not at optimum condition to be worth dynoing and that you may have a possible expensive issue in hand? At this point would it matter if the truck isn't what they said it was? What is he gonna do? Go return it? No. But he can do the best research possible to get answers and pay mind to the fact it needs work.

your still assuming it has motor problems. you said KNOWING THAT ITS NOT IN OPTIMUM CONDITION TO BE WORTH DYNOING, where did the OP EVER say that???
my truck had chips in the paint when i bought it so obviously it "wasn't in optimum condition" so i shouldn't have drove it 2600 miles to get it home. damn glad that 30K mile radiator hose didn't fail in nebraska at 100mph
he said the truck has issues….. not the motor has issues
hmmmm
wrong interior, aftermarket rims, hole in muffler, needs repaint, no windows, no tailgate, wrong spare tire, no radio, stupid led headlights, dingleberry headliner, the list could go on for days.

NOT ONE OF THESE THINGS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH DRIVING IT TILL IT SCREAMS OR DYNOING IT

did anyone think to say "when you say truck has problems what do you mean?" maybe we could get some more info?? but the most important thing is to bash someone else and start making a list of whats wrong with the truck because it has the term hennessy by it

why would he need to take it to a "viper tech" (which doesn't exist in a lot of places) to tell him that the radiator hose isn't OEM so it must be made with chinese materials

If he's romping it on the street and says it runs damned good, where does that itself imply engine problems or a trip for a pull on a dyno to ensure A/F ratio is correct? Did he say it was sputtering, popping, backfiring? Did he say low on power? Where do we say he has engine problems??

Where does it say it's not? You can abuse anything for fun cuz you just got it. Does that mean it's running as it should? Nope.

your still assuming it has motor problems. you said KNOWING THAT ITS NOT IN OPTIMUM CONDITION TO BE WORTH DYNOING, where did the OP EVER say that???
my truck had chips in the paint when i bought it so obviously it "wasn't in optimum condition" so i shouldn't have drove it 2600 miles to get it home. damn glad that 30K mile radiator hose didn't fail in nebraska at 100mph
he said the truck has issues….. not the motor has issues
hmmmm
wrong interior, aftermarket rims, hole in muffler, needs repaint, no windows, no tailgate, wrong spare tire, no radio, stupid led headlights, dingleberry headliner, the list could go on for days.

NOT ONE OF THESE THINGS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH DRIVING IT TILL IT SCREAMS OR DYNOING IT

did anyone think to say "when you say truck has problems what do you mean?" maybe we could get some more info?? but the most important thing is to bash someone else and start making a list of whats wrong with the truck because it has the term hennessy by it

why would he need to take it to a "viper tech" (which doesn't exist in a lot of places) to tell him that the radiator hose isn't OEM so it must be made with chinese materials

Who's bashing? Or are you always this sensitive sweetheart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back