Help?

BLTSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I had recently bought a supposed hennessey venom 700 QC and the supercharger bearings went out on me on the drive home, so i took the truck to a shop and while getting it fixed I decided to have the supercharger, intake manifold, etc. to be polished, and I noticed on one of the supercharger brackets it said built and tuned by dave graves. Anyone know who he is? Or what shop he's from? Any kind of info would be appreciated because I honestly have no paperwork behind any of the mods and would love to have some.

Hey guys so I had recently bought a supposed hennessey venom 700 QC and the supercharger bearings went out on me on the drive home, so i took the truck to a shop and while getting it fixed I decided to have the supercharger, intake manifold, etc. to be polished, and I noticed on one of the supercharger brackets it said built and tuned by dave graves. Anyone know who he is? Or what shop he's from? Any kind of info would be appreciated because I honestly have no paperwork behind any of the mods and would love to have some.

Likely a Hennessy loser mechanic boss. They are known for crap builds. Used parts on new cars/trucks. All kind of rubbish.

I’ve only read the horror stories of those that have sent their vehicles and those who have worked there, but I can’t shake off the idea that people only stamp their names on something they are extremely proud of. Just because you build or create something of quality, doesn’t mean the end user is gonna treat it as such. It’s a toss up. :dontknow:

Let’s keep it on topic

Calling Dave Graves (without knowing him) a loser is unprofessional. Have you tried googling him to see if you can locate him?

I looked him up but didn’t find anything. Probably would be best to contact Hennessy directly and ask them about the history of the vehicle. I’m certain they have some kind of registry on all their builds. Or at least they should.

I did some snooping and found a Dave Graves tuner that built a truck for a guy on this forum known as Blakewilder, his truck has a similar setup as mine, but I noticed they were posts from 2006 so I don't think he's gonna reply to the PM I sent to see if maybe he can help with this. I also noticed on some other posts that Dave Graves is possibly out of FL? I bought my truck from a guy that lived in FL, so it would make more sense that the work was done at a shop in FL, rather than Hennessey, and honestly I hope my truck was built by someone else because Hennessey doesn't seem to have a great reputation right now and they had really disappointing customer service when I called, I barely got any info, other than they ever hired a Dave Graves and I'm supposedly supposed to get all the info on the build from the original owner (that passed away and left the truck as an inheritance to a friend).... lol.

P.S. Here's a link to Blakes truck-> http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f10/pics-blakes-truck-2112/

Last edited:
I did some snooping and found a Dave Graves tuner that built a truck for a guy on this forum known as Blakewilder, his truck has a similar setup as mine, but I noticed they were posts from 2006 so I don't think he's gonna reply to the PM I sent to see if maybe he can help with this. I also noticed on some other posts that Dave Graves is possibly out of FL? I bought my truck from a guy that lived in FL, so it would make more sense that the work was done at a shop in FL, rather than Hennessey, and honestly I hope my truck was built by someone else because Hennessey doesn't seem to have a great reputation right now and they had really disappointing customer service when I called, I barely got any info, other than they ever hired a Dave Graves and I'm supposedly supposed to get all the info on the build from the original owner (that passed away and left the truck as an inheritance to a friend).... lol.

P.S. Here's a link to Blakes truck-> http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f10/pics-blakes-truck-2112/

I had a look at that thread........wow some good folks we haven't heard from in a long long time :(

I use to know Blakes number hung out with him a couple times, although every time his truck was in the shop, dont know if it ever ran, always blowing something..

Back when I was putting together the quickest SRT10 list, Blake's truck came up in discussion. I don't remember H having anything to do with the alleged build. I also couldn't turn up anything other than Blake's old posts validating that his truck went as quick as his signature says. For whatever it's worth, I spent a lot of time trying to get ahold of Blake, and others like him, so our top 10 list would be legit.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back