Hennessey And Nick Visit My Home

K-80-123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JH and Nick came to my house last night to work on my truck....they checked the oil leaks and have that under control.....the smoking......well that has been a little tougher......They turned down the flow control to the turbos and then we took the truck for a 25 mile drive.

No smoking....we let is sit several times running with no smoke.....I was getting ready to take them back to the airport we load up in the truck and start to back out of the driveway and it starts smoking...:(:(...both Nick and John get out to look it over....They both decide that the flow control may be faulty...they checked out both turbos and they checked out OK.

So the decision has been made by me to allow John to take the truck back to Houston so he can fix at his shop....he agreed to pick up all the charges and install the chrome intake at no charge to me.

He will send a truck to pick it up in the next few days and will work on it in Houston to fix.....I am glad John and Nick flew to Tulsa to work on my truck.....I know I said that I would not send it back to him but.....we talked at lenght about my dissatifaction.....I may be a sucker but I believe he and Nick will work very hard to get it right this time and I am going to allow him to get it right one more time.

This thread was started to let you guys know what is going on....I really want to thank Hennessey and Nick for their effort....I will keep you guys informed as we progress......Please lets not turn this thread into a JH bashing....he is trying to make it right.

Walt

I'm wishing you all the best Walt. Hopefully they will get this straightened out this time.

Bill.

I commend you for your rational.Been in that type of position a number of times before,and you're always skeptical,but it will work out in the end !!! Shit really does happen,and if it's a mechanical thing,there's not much you can do about it but try again !!GOOD LUCK !!!

I think it's great hennessey stepped up and did what he did for you, as it is the very least at this point. I would have sent the truck back to him as this will be a "free" fix. With all that has been going on you would think he will make the extra effort to make sure your truck is flawless and has a quick turn around. Keep us posted I would like to see the final outcome.

Shoot Walt. Good luck man. Hopefully this will happen quickly for you.

I hope all works out for ya in the end. I am glad to see that JH is going to take care of it for ya. Keep us informed.

I think this is a very good decision on your part because he knows the truck the best.Also, most tuners wont touch a hennessey product.When the bugs are worked out, you will be the king.I can only imagine the rush you get when you stomp on the gas.:D
RedSrt007 said:
Thanks for the update walt!

The very best outcome for all, is for Walt to say that everything works and that he is satisfied...while we have all gotten very emotional about this issue, the more customer oriented providers we have the better for all of us. If JH can work his way through this issue and then be sure it does not happen again...we all profit. First let's all be sure Walt is totally satisfied...then let's see to it that it does not happen again.

Our "Viper" world is very small, we need top quality resources. There are various ways to become (and stay) on top...this whole affair says a lot about the power of our VTCOA family.

If we can manage to get John back into the family we will all benefit...I'm wrong often, and may be this time, but we need top notch shops...and what this group has done to get JH back to his previous way of doing business (if we have) is proof of one of the most wonderful powers of this site.

Walt, thanks for sharing, and helping the entire group. We feel terrible for your tribulations, but this lemon may become lemonade...

Walt, sorry to hear that they didn't get it running while at your house. It does seem as if there are some gremlins at work on your beast, I have had vehicles like that in the past myself. Sometimes it can be very difficult to get something to run right, even if you have done it a number of times earlier. Hope they get it done quickly for you, I would be going nuts with the ups and downs if I were you.

Glad to hear you're getting closer to having your truck running the way it should be. I hope it will be a quick fix and back home in your garage.
Mas

Thanks to all of you for your support it has helped....the truck runs GREAT!!!! and makes power like nothing I have ever been in...:)....but she will smoke when you stop sometimes.....Why????

I think John and his tuner Nick have a plan to fix that problem.....I have given him this chance and I am sure he will do his best this time.....He could have turned his back on me......he has not done that......so we hope this will work.

I will keep all of you up to date on what happens......Boomer has agreed to help me out if I need it.....Thanks Gary for your advice...:).....I am really glad to have this forum....thanks Red and Jack...:).....Where would I be without it???.....thank you both.

Walt

Last edited:
Awesome news Walt!! Looks like your on the right road now, and JH is going to take care of you.:) Keep us updated....

No problem walt, Hopefully everything works as planed and you get your truck running ASAP in perfect working condition!

As for the Forum, I think its great that we have hundreds of members that all call out in 1 voice; that gives us a lot of leverage when we work together on things, things get done!

Thanks

-Red

Walt, thanks for allowing us to come to Tulsa and spend time with you and your truck. I had hoped that we had fixed the problem last nite. But since it didnt turn out as a 100% fix, we are glad to take care of it in Houston while installing your chromed intake. Jennifer has arranged transportation and we will make your truck our top priortity when it arrives next week. We will keep you posted on the progress.

John

K-80-123 said:
JH and Nick came to my house last night to work on my truck....they checked the oil leaks and have that under control.....the smoking......well that has been a little tougher......They turned down the flow control to the turbos and then we took the truck for a 25 mile drive.

No smoking....we let is sit several times running with no smoke.....I was getting ready to take them back to the airport we load up in the truck and start to back out of the driveway and it starts smoking...:(:(...both Nick and John get out to look it over....They both decide that the flow control may be faulty...they checked out both turbos and they checked out OK.

So the decision has been made by me to allow John to take the truck back to Houston so he can fix at his shop....he agreed to pick up all the charges and install the chrome intake at no charge to me.

He will send a truck to pick it up in the next few days and will work on it in Houston to fix.....I am glad John and Nick flew to Tulsa to work on my truck.....I know I said that I would not send it back to him but.....we talked at lenght about my dissatifaction.....I may be a sucker but I believe he and Nick will work very hard to get it right this time and I am going to allow him to get it right one more time.

This thread was started to let you guys know what is going on....I really want to thank Hennessey and Nick for their effort....I will keep you guys informed as we progress......Please lets not turn this thread into a JH bashing....he is trying to make it right.

Walt

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back