HERE IT COMES....CHECK IT OUT.

Competition = Gooooooood 4 All Of Us!!!!!:rock: :D :rock:

0703_z+2009_chevrolet_corvette_SS+front_corner.jpg

Quick

Corvett Sellout

not original, Im terribly Disappointed at Chevy

Its obvious that Chevy is just sniping a bunch of ideas from preexisting European cars like the Coveted Noble. With a S7 style Hood, and what i would assume is a rear or mid mounted engine, If you ask me that should try to stay true to there roots, and not sell out like this

Below are a few picture o found that looks exactly like this new design, In fact the Wheels on the corvette are the EXACT SAME as the ones on the Noble. Then there is a Pic of the Awesome Classic Corv. What defined a generation, and took the speed world by storm, Keep in mind folks, if not for the success of the Old Corvette there would be no Viper, and ergo No Viper Trucks...

Attachments

• 1_full.jpg
    1_full.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 105319191_8deb241e0b.jpg
    105319191_8deb241e0b.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 37
  • import.168.jpg
    import.168.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 38
  • noble_m15-05.jpg
    noble_m15-05.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Al_Wagner_LS6_Corvette.jpg
    Al_Wagner_LS6_Corvette.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 33
  • gt110-vt.jpg
    gt110-vt.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 29
It does look a bit like a Vette had unprotected sex with a Ferrari...:p

Not sure who the dad's supposed to be.:D

Burkerice07 said:
not original, Im terribly Disappointed at Chevy

Its obvious that Chevy is just sniping a bunch of ideas from preexisting European cars like the Coveted Noble. With a S7 style Hood, and what i would assume is a rear or mid mounted engine, If you ask me that should try to stay true to there roots, and not sell out like this

Below are a few picture o found that looks exactly like this new design, In fact the Wheels on the corvette are the EXACT SAME as the ones on the Noble. Then there is a Pic of the Awesome Classic Corv. What defined a generation, and took the speed world by storm, Keep in mind folks, if not for the success of the Old Corvette there would be no Viper, and ergo No Viper Trucks...

wow...dissapionted...i dont see how, but thats your opinion....

i see no ressemblence to a s7 hood. the s7 has a very small scoop on the hood. the hood vent on that vet is completely different than anything i have ever seen. i mean the scoop cover 2/3 of the hood:dontknow: . as for you assumption of the mid/rear engine...thats exactly what it is..an assumption..i dont think there is a chance in hell that this vette will be a mid-rear engine supercar. thats not a thing you just start to do without years of research and design. i just dont think its in the cards for chevy to do a thing like that. (the ford gt was rumored for 4-5 years before anyone ever even saw that puppy)

as for the exact wheels the noble sports a 10 spoke and the vette is sporting a 15 spoke. besides noble is a car designer thats only been around for about 8 years (1999-introduction of the Noble M10). ive seen vettes sporting those types of rims since the introduction of the c5 (1997). i think the new c6 z06 is the baddest looking vette ever...as for selling out...cutting edge design and 650 ground pounding HP = bad ass...and my only drawback on it is the comment in the article about it have a punch'd-out and blown ls2 instead of the meaty, nasty gas chuggin ls7 427. if its in the cards... i will be owning one of these. hope i dont sound harsh....just my honest opinion

Allow me to Elaborate

Your Right about the Hood Resemblance being Minimal, but i just dont see how they could fit That Huge engine under that Crazy backwards scoop on the hood. My post was fast with little or no research,

All im saying is, If you want some True American Muscle you either buy a Corvette or a Viper or a spinoff of the two. My only point is, When someone who has little to no car experience pulls up beside you at a red-light and asks 'Hey, What Kind of Ferrari is that?" American carmakers Have lost track of why they even build cars in the first place. To give the workin man a Piece of the American Dream.

We all know what the American dream is Right, To Drive fast, Look Bad Ass and Get speeding Tickets, Sex The Finest Woman, and Pay Homage to our Queen...... Wait, something about that is messed up, and something about that cars design is messed up, If your saying that having 15 spokes instead of 11 on its rims is the only thing that separates us from a European Democracy, than you can just go ahead and pour me a cup of earl Gray Right Now.

Screw that, Ill Chose Rat Rods, Chargers, Plymouths, Shotguns, Hulk Hogans, Movie Star Governors, McDonals, Racism, 93 Octane, Unemployment, Bandages, Ridiculous Government Policies, Taxes and all my Constitutional Amendments And Freedoms to the Pursuit of Happiness over Tea and Crumpets Any-day.

Its time we all Drew the Line somewhere, If you Buy and drive that car i will sneak into your garage, pin up a hammer and sickle commie flag and alert the CIA immediately, And be proud of myself for Using the System to its True Purpose.

Burkerice07 said:
Your Right about the Hood Resemblance being Minimal, but i just dont see how they could fit That Huge engine under that Crazy backwards scoop on the hood. My post was fast with little or no research,

All im saying is, If you want some True American Muscle you either buy a Corvette or a Viper or a spinoff of the two. My only point is, When someone who has little to no car experience pulls up beside you at a red-light and asks 'Hey, What Kind of Ferrari is that?" American carmakers Have lost track of why they even build cars in the first place. To give the workin man a Piece of the American Dream.

We all know what the American dream is Right, To Drive fast, Look Bad Ass and Get speeding Tickets, Sex The Finest Woman, and Pay Homage to our Queen...... Wait, something about that is messed up, and something about that cars design is messed up, If your saying that having 15 spokes instead of 11 on its rims is the only thing that separates us from a European Democracy, than you can just go ahead and pour me a cup of earl Gray Right Now.

Screw that, Ill Chose Rat Rods, Chargers, Plymouths, Shotguns, Hulk Hogans, Movie Star Governors, McDonals, Racism, 93 Octane, Unemployment, Bandages, Ridiculous Government Policies, Taxes and all my Constitutional Amendments And Freedoms to the Pursuit of Happiness over Tea and Crumpets Any-day.

Its time we all Drew the Line somewhere, If you Buy and drive that car i will sneak into your garage, pin up a hammer and sickle commie flag and alert the CIA immediately, And be proud of myself for Using the System to its True Purpose.

With all of your flag waving, I think you need a refresher course in the word "freedom".....;)

And if I see you in my garage pinning up a hammer and sickle, you better be prepared to pull it out of your asshole, sonny boy.

D

Burkerice07 said:

LOL AMEN BROTHA!

Begging is not one my strong points,But,

IF ANYONE HAS AN EXTRA HUNDRED GRAND LAYING AROUND....:rock:

Burkerice07 said:

i love it....i was being a little pessimistic about the spokes.....i even sighed when i read back to myself what i wrote.....but if it makes me a red book carrying commie bastard to drive this car then sign me up!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLi_m656tQQ

Your right about that upside down hood scoop not working over a roots or screw type blower so I seriously doubt the production version looking that way.
Who cares,I will never finance a $100k Chevy and all their corner cutting B.S. ever. Or a Viper, same B.S.
Might put a blower on my Z-51 tho and pretend :D

Truck is sold!
Flash is sold!
JMB CAI still for sale!

The picture above is an old conceptual drawing. GM has kept the hood pretty well covered up, but there are signs of a larger hood scoop than the ZO6 and side vents. The Detroit auto show is supposed to be the unavailing.

2009_Corvette_ZR-1.jpg

Link to more pics

youtube vid

Black1 said:
First of all, it's an "artist rendition".... I can tell you right now, you will never see that hood on a production car. :dontknow: ;)

That hood was rendered similarly to the hood on the 2006 FORD GT....

But, of course the engine's behind the driver on the Ford............

D

A vette is a vette.

Who cares. At the end of the day, it's just another semi-mass produced Corvette. Sure they're fast, but so what. Again...It's a Corvette. Just another Corvette.

When I bought this Viper truck of mine, I had been seriously considering a C6 coupe for a couple of years. I could have bought one for under 40k any time I wanted. For some reason I never did it. I'd driven them, liked the speed, liked the look of the car..but it wasn't enough to get me to sign the papers.

I drove a friend's Viper truck one time, immediately forgot about getting a vette, and spent the next 3 months pouring over e-bay and every other possible outlet for a coveted 2006 RC. Finally I found one...250 miles away from my home. I put money down over the phone based on a picture on e-bay, canceled my appointments for the next day, and went down to pick it up.

My point is that I would never be that enthusiastic over a Corvette. I don't care if it had 1,000 stock hp at the rear wheels. At the end of the day, when push comes to shove, it's still a corvette. Now matter if it's a z06, a regular coupe, or one of these SS's. Some vettes are faster than others, but they're still what they are. They're nice cars...but not worth 100k. 70k is way over-priced for the Z06's right now too IMO.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back