HEY DRAGON!!....

ILtemprd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They gave me a 2007 Chrysler 300 for a rental while my truck is in the body shop being repaired. It has this cool integrated key and remote fob. Can we get this set up for our trucks? I know we have the Sentry key system, and I assume this car has the same system. The key itself is identical to what we have. Not a big fan of a bunch of crap on my key ring and this would be a cool setup if its available. Thought maybe you knew somebody that knew somebody that robbed somebody that could answer this..What do you think?...........

Attachments

• fob.jpg
    fob.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 51
I had the newer integrated key/keyless entry key on my Magnum and rather liked it. I'd like to know if we could use the new Dodge/Chrylser keys. But it is pretty nice to start up the truck and remove the keyless entry remote so you can lock/unlock the truck so noone steals it while its warming up!

Iltemprd said:
They gave me a 2007 Chrysler 300 for a rental while my truck is in the body shop being repaired. It has this cool integrated key and remote fob. Can we get this set up for our trucks? I know we have the Sentry key system, and I assume this car has the same system. The key itself is identical to what we have. Not a big fan of a bunch of crap on my key ring and this would be a cool setup if its available. Thought maybe you knew somebody that knew somebody that robbed somebody that could answer this..What do you think?...........

I don't know about the key but Patrick can set you up with a remote start that works really cool. Oops, never mind, these only work on real trucks--QC's.

This seems to be new or on all 06 DCX models...that have the sentry system that I have seen... so am not sure if you can mod/use it on older models.. but am sure that Patrick (Dragon) can find this out for you...

yes the 2006 and up have this key fod your talking about but the question is can it be programed to the sentry and remote to run the doors. we will know soon.

thats look good but if i get one from ebay then how do i transfer it to that new key remote so it will work on truck?

The parts guy at my local dealership said it wouldn't work a few months back but it is likely that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

wakeboard13 said:
The parts guy at my local dealership said it wouldn't work a few months back but it is likely that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Lemme guess.... Earnhardt Dodge on Country Club?

Ever since that place ripped me off in 1996 I have been boycotting them whereever whenever I possibly can... make a long story short... I bought a car their that was supposed to have been only a factory reps demo car, and never in any accidents... turned out that it was a previous Alamo Rental car, and was in a wreck....

azpyroguy said:
Lemme guess.... Earnhardt Dodge on Country Club?

Ever since that place ripped me off in 1996 I have been boycotting them whereever whenever I possibly can... make a long story short... I bought a car their that was supposed to have been only a factory reps demo car, and never in any accidents... turned out that it was a previous Alamo Rental car, and was in a wreck....
Shoulda cooked him one of the Brontosaurus steaks :D ;) :p

i can tell you for a fact it will not work...I was trying to find the bulletin chrysler posted back in 03 when these keys came out, it stated that the new sentry key fob with intergrated remote will not work on previous model sentry systems....sorry guys. I thought of this one about 3 years ago with my old truck

Last edited:
bucke77 said:
i can tell you for a fact it will not work
If you know, can you elaborate a little. Is it because the transponders are different? The key itself looks to be the same. What's different between the '04/'05 and the '06. Not trying to back you into a corner but inquiring minds want to know.

key will work just fine. the keyless entry/sentry theft system will not. so you'll have to carry 2 remotes. just so everyone knows chrysler has been using an eight cut key for over 10 years now, so virtually every key chrysler has made since then (expect for stratus and sebring coupe, crossfire, avenger) will work. the modules for the keyless sentry system with the new key went to a wireless control module instead of the VTSS Sentry module and thats why it will not work.

the viper tech did not have time to try it today but the word around the shop is it will not work. the key is the same but the 05 and 06 electronics are diffrent.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back