HID ballast placement

BlackKnight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just purchased a set of 6000K HIDs for the headlights (Bi-xenon) and foglights from HIDextra and I'm super excited to get them up and running. Got the relays too. I was looking for a good place to secure/place the ballasts and couldn't really decide where they should go and I wanted to see where others have ran their wiring for a clean install.
Pics are very appreciated so post-up!:D

Attachments

• IMG_8870[1].jpg
    IMG_8870[1].jpg
    755.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_8872[1].jpg
    IMG_8872[1].jpg
    757.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_8874[1].JPG
    IMG_8874[1].JPG
    975.4 KB · Views: 77
I strapped mine with tie wraps, to the front bumper support

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Screwed mine to the core support. Wasn't rocket surgery.

There really isnt a lot of room to put them. I ended up bolting mine to the metal next to the headlights. If i was to lengthen the wiring id put them inside the fenders.

Just put them where you can easily get to them to trouble shoot them. Most are cheap and made in china.

You will blind people. Look into getting your stock housings customized with high quality projectors if you care about that. If not, aim them down and enjoy.

For awesome real HID headlights, with high quality projectors, I suggest visiting Retro Shop Online Store. I've bought a pair from them and the quality is great, and long lasting. The color changing LED rings, however, don't last very long, but those are not required, just a cosmetic extra.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back