High Flow CAT install

mike2004srt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased some high flow CATS. I would like to remove the front CATS but before I cut the bolts off the flange near the headers to remove the mid pipe. Is there anyone that has done this and do you have any tricks I can try? I was searching the forum for some old threads and only found out that I will have to cut the bolts to get the mid pipe out. Sounds like a winter project!!!

Thanks for the help.

The crappy bolts that Dodge used on the flanges are the issues. The inside bolt on both sides are impossible to get out. Don't waste time, just cut them. I spent more time trying to get those bolts out, than it took to install the headers! Good luck!

Did you remove the rear cats already. Wanting to get those out to make it louder. I hear it does make it louder and that it doesn't. Need to know Thanks.

Did you remove the rear cats already. Wanting to get those out to make it louder. I hear it does make it louder and that it doesn't. Need to know Thanks.

I was going to remove the rear CATS and put in the High Flows in the front at the same time. It seems easier to remove the mid pipe completely cut / insert then replace. I also bought a tuner that I will install after the CATS are done.

The first mod that I did when I bought my truck years ago was a Magnaflow cat back. It was plenty loud without touching the mids. You can remove them, but honestly spend the $$$ on a quality mid pipe set up with hi-flow cats.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back