Higher capacity gas tank in a QC???

Ronin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's sacrilege to some, but I do tow occasionally with my QC. I'm not b!tching about mileage, I really don't care, but the capacity of the tank is just too small for anything other than local towing duties. I'm kind of spoiled because my primary towing vehicle is a diesel Excursion with a 44-gallon tank which gives a bladder busting cruise range even loaded down towing @ 12+ MPG...

Has anyone done, or know of anyone that's taken a higher capacity gas tank from a 1500/2500/3500 Ram and made it work? My dealer, as cool as they are, wasn't too helpful; not the sort of question they're used to being asked. An aftermarket is a no go too. As prolific as they are for diesels, gas tanks, for a variety of reasons related to safety, MSDS, etc., are not available...

Anyone?

Thanks...

Matty

I think 35 gallons is the biggest tank that dodge makes for this body style and will only fit a long bed frame. My 03 dually quad cab had a large tank, but again it was a long bed.

I would crawl under a long bed with the bigger tank and measure the tank and see if it will fit where your stocker is.

Stinker said:
titan If not mistaken i can get let me find a link, but...........they are high, but about 60gallons

Thanks, I checked with Titan a while back and with a few exceptions they don't make tanks for gassers...

BurntRubber said:
06 has a 34 gallon tank...

You mean an '06 QC? I thought there were frame and other changes that would have prevented a swap... Hmmm...

Ronin said:
You mean an '06 QC? I thought there were frame and other changes that would have prevented a swap... Hmmm...

Yes, I believe the 06QC had a 6.25' bed versus the 5.75' bed in the 05.
Something along those lines, I believe the 06RC still has the 26 gallon tank but I am not positive. I have an 06QC and it is 34 gallons...which is not pretty when premium was $4.65/gallon

BurntRubber said:
Yes, I believe the 06QC had a 6.25' bed versus the 5.75' bed in the 05.
Something along those lines, I believe the 06RC still has the 26 gallon tank but I am not positive. I have an 06QC and it is 34 gallons...which is not pretty when premium was $4.65/gallon

:dito:

you can install an 06 q.c tank in an 05 q.c...you will also need to replace the fuel pump

TheMoparConnection said:
you can install an 06 q.c tank in an 05 q.c...you will also need to replace the fuel pump

THAT'S an awesome answer, 'zactly what I was lookin' fer...thanks!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back