Higher Horsepower guys i have a ?

Tooloe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so today i've been trying to figuer out why my truck has been "burning oil" well turns out i don't think it's burning no more than normal. but i think the oil dipstic hsa been poping loose..... today i went WOT 3rd 4th and 5th took it up to about 140ish MPH.....let out of the throttle and it started deceling normal a pop here an there but nothing serious.. and then i hear a really really really LOUD POP!!!! to me is sounded as if the collector wasn't all the way tight.. so i get home check out the truck pop the hood and i notice oil dripping off the backside of the dip stick... i pull the stick and notice oil up above the O ring and i know 100% it was not like that when the oil was changed about 200 miles ago. so my first questions are

1. How do i keep the dip stick in it's sleeve
2. has anyone ever experenced a intake backfire "this cold also be the sound i heard" and what would cause it
3. anyone have a problem with there stock manifolds coming loose?

thanks in advance

I've never had the dipstick blow out, but if you have the stock oil cooler lines, that could be where your oil is going:dontknow:

is your vent case breather stopped up? Preasure pushed it out could be a number of things...VCB, blowby, sounds like something is stopped up just an idea.

i have had my dipstick tube come out...it was leaking a lil oil real hard to see because it blows it back.....but i just had to push it back in real hard and it never came up again

505'sFastestViper. said:
i have had my dipstick tube come out...it was leaking a lil oil real hard to see because it blows it back.....but i just had to push it back in real hard and it never came up again

There are pills for that now.....:itsme:

Tooloe said:
ok so today i've been trying to figuer out why my truck has been "burning oil" well turns out i don't think it's burning no more than normal. but i think the oil dipstic hsa been poping loose..... today i went WOT 3rd 4th and 5th took it up to about 140ish MPH.....let out of the throttle and it started deceling normal a pop here an there but nothing serious.. and then i hear a really really really LOUD POP!!!! to me is sounded as if the collector wasn't all the way tight.. so i get home check out the truck pop the hood and i notice oil dripping off the backside of the dip stick... i pull the stick and notice oil up above the O ring and i know 100% it was not like that when the oil was changed about 200 miles ago. so my first questions are

1. How do i keep the dip stick in it's sleeve
2. has anyone ever experenced a intake backfire "this cold also be the sound i heard" and what would cause it
3. anyone have a problem with there stock manifolds coming loose?

thanks in advance

I don't know if I qualify as one of the higher horsepower guys (your Post's Title) but based on what you are describing, I would do a leakdown test.

rottenronnie said:
I don't know if I qualify as one of the higher horsepower guys (your Post's Title) but based on what you are describing, I would do a leakdown test.

thats what i'm afrade of ... and ronnie you count lol:D

rottenronnie said:

I second this. Dipsticks blow out because of too much crankcase pressure.

yellowfever#154 said:
I second this. Dipsticks blow out because of too much crankcase pressure.
thats what i'm thinking.. i've also noticed since i've moved the "Vent" from the JMB catch can. via a tube that runs underneath the truck now... i'm not catching anything in the can now

My trucks doing the same whem im slowing down, loud pop comeing from what sounds like the mufflers? I know the normal pop sounds you hear with no cats, but this is loud at times?!

My trucks got a paxton, forged pistons, makeing 700 rwhp with meth.

Tooloe said:
thats what i'm thinking.. i've also noticed since i've moved the "Vent" from the JMB catch can. via a tube that runs underneath the truck now... i'm not catching anything in the can now

One other thing I just remembered. When I had my valve covers machined for ORB fittings I saw that one of the nipples coming from the valve covers (dont remember if it was the left or right side) if basically blocked off and has just a pin hole through it. If you were to enlarge that nipple to be a full flow it may let enough flow to stop your problem. It is not a proper fix, but maybe a temporary one.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back