highest octane for stock motor?

vipertruckkid1544

Full Access Member
Reaction score
see alot of people putting high octane gas in their cars.(higher than 93). none of them have a viper engine but i was wondering how high we can go on a stock motor. anybody have a clue?:dontknow:

I have been told, if a car is not tuned for it. you won't notice much of anything.

plus I have heard cam2 can burn out cats also if ran to rich in the tank.

Ramdude is right. Higher octane won't give you any more power aside from the negligible increase from oxygenated race fuel. It needs to be tuned leaner and/or more timing to make use of the increased octane. Octane is a measure of the fuels propensity to detonate. Not how much energy it contains. A lot of racefuels have lead which will damage cats and O2 sensors with extended use. Some have reported damage with just a few passes depending on the current condition of your parts. There are some 104 and 108 octane fuels that are unleaded. See if your local track caries it... Mine does.

Yea the vp 104 or 106 is oxygenated. That is some really good fuel. But all fuel needs to tuned especially the vp.

Hello,
We in Germany can not get anything below 91 octane but it is as expensive as 95 octane, thats why everybody drives 95 octane. I sometimes fill it up with 100 octane which you can buy at regular gas station, all unleaded fuel only.
As said before, without tune you wont feel any difference. Torries tune is on its way to me, waiting to see the difference :burnout:

Back