Hit the track today

OnceBit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only being the 3rd time I've been on the track with the truck, I'm still not sure where I should be, but my times are getting better than previous runs.

Here's a couple of my best times and one video from today.

If I hadn't mis-shifted into 4th, I think I would have been in the high 13's....damn it...
2013-02-17184511.jpg

My last run of the day, was lined up next to a Corvette, but not sure what happened at the launch...
2013-02-17184500.jpg

Had me some goat for lunch on this run....

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=599623916721771" width="568" height="320" frameborder="0"></iframe>

ugh...stupid cell phone videos....can't get it to upload from my phone and the facebook link obvious is not compatible either....

Last edited:
Hey don't feel bad i missed third and on my second run just about blew the tires off at the start. I only ran twice bc i was "at" work. Least i got an hour in i need a lot of work

Also was running my buddy in his new 5.0 was hanging with him all the way till i missed 3rd. I will say he hit a 12.998 @ 111mph. Its bone stock with just a flow master.

Last edited:
Congrats on getting out and enjoying your SRT10 and letting others witness the beauty and brawn that our special Muscle Trucks provide. Practice will get those times down, but as all of us racers can tell you, it's the fun of it that matters:rock:

Congrats on getting out and enjoying your SRT10 and letting others witness the beauty and brawn that our special Muscle Trucks provide. Practice will get those times down, but as all of us racers can tell you, it's the fun of it that matters:rock:

Well said brotha, may we never forget that

Oncebit, have you adjusted your tire pressures at all when racing? A drop in your rear tire pressure will help a little bit with traction. An increase in front tire pressure will decrease the rolling resistance and net a slight gain. Per Trainman's recommendation I actually short shift the 3 - 4 shift, around 5400 - 5600, which also netted a slight increase. Depending on how crazy you want to get you can also remove the front sway bar (credit to arrestmered04 for that one) to increase weight transfer and also help with the launch. But as the others have said, have fun!! That is the most important thing. :D

I appreciate the tips! And of course above all else, I do simply for the adrenaline rush and the fun in it all. I didn't mess with my tire pressure since I've got mine nitrogen filled, don't really wanna waste that money away. But I am thinking about keeping a better eye out for a set of drag radials and wheels next time they pop up for sale. DEFINITELY not looking for the 16's that I will have to shave calipers with though...

I appreciate the tips! And of course above all else, I do simply for the adrenaline rush and the fun in it all. I didn't mess with my tire pressure since I've got mine nitrogen filled, don't really wanna waste that money away. But I am thinking about keeping a better eye out for a set of drag radials and wheels next time they pop up for sale. DEFINITELY not looking for the 16's that I will have to shave calipers with though...

I really dont want to either but with the 4.88's im gonna go ahead and do it up...

But I am thinking about keeping a better eye out for a set of drag radials and wheels next time they pop up for sale. DEFINITELY not looking for the 16's that I will have to shave calipers with though...[/QUOTE]

I'll let you know when I get my new slicks (Old ones worn thin) and let you borrow them for a few runs if you have'nt found any this summer. I need to take some driving lessons, my reaction times suck compared to yours.

But I am thinking about keeping a better eye out for a set of drag radials and wheels next time they pop up for sale. DEFINITELY not looking for the 16's that I will have to shave calipers with though...

I'll let you know when I get my new slicks (Old ones worn thin) and let you borrow them for a few runs if you have'nt found any this summer. I need to take some driving lessons, my reaction times suck compared to yours.[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks bud! I appreciate that!

I think i payed around 650 plus shipping for the rims and worn out drag radials. Id take 250 for the rims plus shipping. Pics i would have to text to whoever is interested. Idk how to post pics up.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back