Hmmmm..Bye-Bye Future Muscle Cars?...

I agree, this will be a death blow to muscle. I'm proud of my gas-guzzler.:rock: Glad I got this iceberg melter when I could.

make sure you send a donation to al gore for this one .you know the guy who said HE invented the internet,and global warming

2015 is a ways off, epa has got there head up their assss

Who cares about higher mileage vehicles in 10 years. What are we going to do TODAY!, Right NOW! about the millions of vehicles on the road? :burnout:

Ron

Or maybe....we'll get tax break if we supercharge or turbo...???

Better gas mileage, right???

hahahhahahah ok juuust kidding:elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

Well doesn't this suck! I am big on protecting the earth and everything on it, but damn it - I think it should be my choice as to whether or I want a gas guzzler or not!! I love the roar from the engine of a muscle car - the hum from a prius just doesn't cut it!

Welp... :dontknow: There goes my plan to own a 2017 Viper coupe. Wait a minute! If mpg will be increased across the board by 2015 then that'll strike a blow to the oil industry. That will either make prices lower (hopefully) or higher to make up for the loss. Because you gotta admit, we're going to purchase gas anyway (as long as hydrocarbons are the chief energy source).

I am under the impression (correct me if i am wrong) A fleet average is each car in the fleet (Example : FORD focus, 500, mustang, taurus etc) must average 31.7 or what ever it is. So if they make 6 hybrids at 40 mpg and a mustang at 18 that would meet the standards right?:dontknow: :dontknow:

But then you will see a precentage increase which is currently called "Gas Guzzler Tax". Which if this happens will be called the Gas Guzzler Fee and be a precentage of the vehicles net worth, plus every year at tag renewal time you will have to pay a Gas Guzzler fee set by the National blue book average of your vehical.

I have heard this from family that works for GM in Michigan. :(

But who knows only time will tell!

Relax, doomsayers! Look what has happened so far......... Trans have gone from 2 speeds and 3 speeds to 6, 7 and even 8 speeds. Manuals are now 6 speeds. Fuel injection is on everything. Brakes, suspensions and aerodynamics are vastly improved. Computers make things clean and efficient. Useless weight is down and safety is up. The base Vette now does 0 to 60 in 4.1 and gets almost 30 m.p.g. What will happen is more weight will come off and smaller engines will be working harder. Engines like the 260 h.p. 2 liter in the Cobalt SS and HHR SS will become more common. Torque for trucks may be a problem unless diesels get into half-tons soon. I look forward to the future. I am old and have had a great life including MANY performance vehicles but my best years lie ahead!!! ...and for those of you still pessimistic ...... today is Willie the Shakes' b'day and he said; "KILL ALL THE LAWYERS!!!" It remains a fantastic cure for our ills. ..and the "Gas Guzzler Fee" is not a law yet and if someone proposes it become one, DO something about it!!!

when my challenger gets here it will be the third car in a row ive paid gas guzzler tax on

eddie102870 said:
when my challenger gets here it will be the third car in a row ive paid gas guzzler tax on
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

eddie102870 said:

I dont understand what Danko means by "...Gas Guzzler Fee is not a law yet..." :dontknow: I have paid it on one car (2006 Charger SRT8)...it is an actual tax collected by the IRS..you can read about it on the IRS web site..

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p510/ch05.html#d0e7317

TNVIPER said:
I dont understand what Danko means by "...Gas Guzzler Fee is not a law yet..." :dontknow: I have paid it on one car (2006 Charger SRT8)...it is an actual tax collected by the IRS..you can read about it on the IRS web site..

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p510/ch05.html#d0e7317

If or when the standards are raised HIGH (2015) the gas guzzlers Tax with be there along with a Gas guzzler FEE at tag renewal. This is only a rumor in the GM world.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back