Hose ends for valve covers

bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello guys!

Want to check if anyone have installed similar hose ends on their valve covers. Im going to buy these if no one argue for something else and try them out.

SUM-240117.jpg

Summit Racing® Hose Ends SUM-240117 - SummitRacing.com

If I buy these I will throw up some pictures later when im done :]

No arguement from me, let us know how they work out

The factory hose nipples are pressed into the covers, so in other words there are no threads. You will have to thread the covers for those. There is a better thread to use, rather than the pipe thread you have shown. It's called ORB, my covers and yellow venoms have been done this way. I started a thread a couple years ago showin what I did, searh it under my name.

The factory hose nipples are pressed into the covers, so in other words there are no threads. You will have to thread the covers for those. There is a better thread to use, rather than the pipe thread you have shown. It's called ORB, my covers and yellow venoms have been done this way. I started a thread a couple years ago showin what I did, searh it under my name.

Cool, I was planning to thread them if I needed to. :)

Now I know! :)

Cool, going to use AN-6 as well then. Turned out great btw! :)

I recommend you find a machine shop that is capable of cutting ORB threads, they have a additional boss machined in for the O-ring to seat properly.

You can always use a pipe thread, but personally I hate pipe thread and wish it was never developed.

The way Tyler just examined has worked perfectly! Mine have been excellent! Highly advisable to do it and its a nice clean factory look when done!

I also recommend removing the foams inside the covers before machining, save yourself the headache of finding replacements. It's not fun, is it Joe?

I recommend you find a machine shop that is capable of cutting ORB threads, they have a additional boss machined in for the O-ring to seat properly.

You can always use a pipe thread, but personally I hate pipe thread and wish it was never developed.

That is officially an MS16142-6 Port (SAEJ1926). Any decent machine shop with that specific port tool and a 9/16-18 Tap can cut those for you. Never use a pipe thread when you can use an O-ringed fitting.

Nice job by the way.........

That is officially an MS16142-6 Port (SAEJ1926). Any decent machine shop with that specific port tool and a 9/16-18 Tap can cut those for you. Never use a pipe thread when you can use an O-ringed fitting.

Nice job by the way.........

Great info, I figured there was a ISO term for ORB, but have never been told what it was.

Where is the improvement vs. stock, or just the look ?

Basically for looks, other than the typical advantages of using a catch can. It's all in the little details that makes ones setup standout over others :D

Boss is the way to go I work at a hydraulic shop and everything i deal with is 2500-4000 psi and we use boss to AN- all the time with no problems just dont reuse the orings when you are running 2500psi lol

have a machine shop do the threads and boss cut and you will never have a problem out of it

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back